Is there a complete ND tourography?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Hey,
Just curious to know if there is a complete tour-o-graphy out there for Novembers Doom.
I always love to read about every city and venue that a band has played before.

It is always cool to see one of an older band like Sabbath.
They have played some interesting places around the midwest throughout the years.

You know, we never kept a list like that. I'm sure I can come up with most cities and states we've played, and most of the venues, but the dates will not be accurate at all. I'm sure the other guys can help with this as well. Of the top of my head (and the cites are listed as the major cities it was close to)...

Chicago, Illinois
Detroit, Michigan
Cleveland, Ohio
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Washington D.C.
Brooklyn, New York
Boston, Massachusetts
Toronto, Ontario - Canada
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Bumble-fuck, Indiana
Austin, Texas
New Jersey
St. Louis, Missouri
Knoxville, Tennessee
Atlanta, Georgia

I might be missing some cities. Some of these we're multiple times.

Cool, thanks.
I would be interested in reading about what clubs in Chicago you played.
I know I have seen that you guys have played Double Door, Nitecaps, etc.

Oh man, now that'd be a pretty tough list to complete. We've played Double Door, Nitecaps, House Of Blues, Riley's Rockhouse, Subterranean, Thurstons, Smiler Coogans, Thirsty Whale, JJ Kelleys....and a slew of others, for which my mind is drawing a blank right now as far as names goes! So many clubs have come and gone in the Chicago area, I can never remember their names. I can remember the shows themselves but not which clubs they were at, it's all become a bit of a blur. You have to figure that we've been playing clubs since, what, 1989? LOL

Paul, what was that club we played at, I think it was in or near Berwyn, when we played with Scepter? It was back around early 2000 I think....Steve came out to see us play, as did C.J. I don't think that place is around anymore and it's bugging me that I can't recall the name!

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Oh man, now that'd be a pretty tough list to complete. We've played Double Door, Nitecaps, House Of Blues, Riley's Rockhouse, Subterranean, Thurstons, Smiler Coogans, Thirsty Whale, JJ Kelleys....and a slew of others, for which my mind is drawing a blank right now as far as names goes! So many clubs have come and gone in the Chicago area, I can never remember their names. I can remember the shows themselves but not which clubs they were at, it's all become a bit of a blur. You have to figure that we've been playing clubs since, what, 1989? LOL

Paul, what was that club we played at, I think it was in or near Berwyn, when we played with Scepter? It was back around early 2000 I think....Steve came out to see us play, as did C.J. I don't think that place is around anymore and it's bugging me that I can't recall the name!

Damn... That place was demolished and a Mr. Sub now stands in its place. I thought it had a "horse" in the name... It will come to me...

Not the Big Horse? That is in Wicker Park.

When did you guys play House of Blues? What bill was that?

I have been in various punk bands through the years, and have played placed I never heard of before, such as Fon Du Lac,WI and Danville, IL

On a side note, I signed up for the message board on your site, though no one posts there!!! hehehe.

We played House of Blues with Opeth and Amorphis actually. A few years ago. That was a fun show.

The new message board is probably going to be slow starting up, especially since we all still post here so often.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
We played House of Blues with Opeth and Amorphis actually. A few years ago. That was a fun show.

Really??? Wow, when was that? I remember Opeth coming to HOB with Paradise Lost. And then a year or so later with Moonspell. I don't recall Opeth with Amorphis. Very interesting. Cool you got to play with them.

Novembers Paul said:
Amorphis headlined, and Opeth was the Support. It was a short 2 week tour I think, and it was the before the tour with Nevermore. I believe it was Opeth's first US tour.

Very cool. I had always thought aside from Milwaukee Metalfest that the Nevermore tour was their 1st US tour. See , this is why I made the post! I knew I would learn something new about the history of Novembers Doom.

Yep, the Amorphis/Opeth tour occurred in March/April 2001. We played with them at HOB and then the next day flew to the New England Metal & Hardcore fest and got to share the stage with them again. That was quite a fun weekend. I'd love to play with Opeth again but alas I fear that is probably not too likely at this stage.