Question

It got quiet when Alex & Chris S. left & then Dave went on hiatus. It's starting to liven back up now that Derron has joined the band, Chris has returned, and Dave's back from hiatus, tho; & will likely continue to get busier as the band has more news to report on their current activities :)

saki said:
I seem to remember these boards being much more active in the past... Where have all the PofO fans gone?? :confused:

säki
So many have seemed to have disappeared, :confused: but I think a lot of them still lurk from time to time. I’ve always encouraged off-topic posts, but I think with sooooo many other message boards and forums out there, it’s become almost an overload. So I think people become comfortable with certain ones, and frequent others from time to time. I'm really hoping that this board eventually picks up again… it was nice to see so many people posting at one time.

~D

I have another important question..... Why is Power of Omens not playing at Robb's Metalworks!?!? It would be killer to see both Watchtower and PofO the same day! BTW, I'm gunning for Eyes of the Oracle on eBay, so, to everyone who reads this: please don't bid against me! THIS ONE IS MINE!

säki

saki said:
I have another important question..... Why is Power of Omens not playing at Robb's Metalworks!?!? It would be killer to see both Watchtower and PofO the same day! BTW, I'm gunning for Eyes of the Oracle on eBay, so, to everyone who reads this: please don't bid against me! THIS ONE IS MINE!

säki
Believe me, I thought the same thing... ;)
I even approached Robb about it back in Octoer when I first found out about it, but I think he felt since we played the first one, he wanted to give other bands a chance to play the 2nd one... although matching us and Watchtower together would have made alot more sense that matching us and a butch of death metal / hard core bands (not that I have anything against the bands we played with)... it's just in sense of styles, Watchtower and us are closer to the same genre than any of the other bands, and would have made for a better turn out.
Anyway, he said he would keep us in consideration, but deep down I think he already had his mind set with the other bands on the current line-up.
So unfortunately, we didn't get billed with Watchtower this time around. :erk:

I personally would have loved it!!!! :headbang:

~D

Tank101 said:
Hey Dave,
It's been too long brother. We did'nt dissapear we were just on "idle" this
whole time, but we never went away.

Tank
Well it's definitely good to see you guys still around and posting again!!! :)

Hopefully once we start recording some of the new stuff and posting it... we'll see a bit more action around here again. ;)

~D

Dave - Power of Omens said:
Well it's definitely good to see you guys still around and posting again!!! :)

Hopefully once we start recording some of the new stuff and posting it... we'll see a bit more action around here again. ;)

~D
Ok, let me get this straight....... The current agenda for PofO is to record new material and then play some shows, right? Is there any chance we'll see a show or two in between.

Also, can you give an update on how the new material is coming along. I haven't quite had my fill of the beautiful Rooms of Anguish yet, but I'm salivating at the prospect of a new PofO CD. I'm a lifelong fan now....... I should've known before, but I didn't. :erk:

saki said:
Ok, let me get this straight....... The current agenda for PofO is to record new material and then play some shows, right? Is there any chance we'll see a show or two in between.

Also, can you give an update on how the new material is coming along. I haven't quite had my fill of the beautiful Rooms of Anguish yet, but I'm salivating at the prospect of a new PofO CD. I'm a lifelong fan now....... I should've known before, but I didn't. :erk:

Well... unless it's a show with someone like Symphony X, Evergrey, or hell even in a galaxy far far away with Dream Theater... :lol: then we'd do a show, but other than that, we're going to stick to finishing the new CD before we play out again. Unfortunately my move to Dallas has been indefinitely suspended, so the writing just became a bit harder, but none-the-less we're still moving on with it... in fact I just finished recording Salinas on one of the new tunes, as soon as we get the other guys, we'll release a clip of the tune on our new site... (which is something I've also been working on to finish as soon as possible). We promise though, that we won't make anyone wait another 4 1/2 years between CDs... ;) We're still aiming for a late summer release... (aiming to have it available by ProgPower V)

~D

you guys could definately do a concert with SX or DT, PofO is just as awesome as them. hopefully u can work something out with SX. i saw they were gonna tour a lot next year after their new cd's finished, it'd be sooooooooo awesome if you guys were touring with them atleast for some of the tour. you guys and SX have the talent, the songs, and the awesome people in the band who actually care about the fans. not that DT doesnt, but i'm thinkin a PofO/SX tour would be the greatest thing to happen to this country since the family guy DVDs were released. ...please? cant wait to hear the new clip! :cool:

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
you guys could definately do a concert with SX or DT, PofO is just as awesome as them. hopefully u can work something out with SX. i saw they were gonna tour a lot next year after their new cd's finished, it'd be sooooooooo awesome if you guys were touring with them atleast for some of the tour. you guys and SX have the talent, the songs, and the awesome people in the band who actually care about the fans. not that DT doesnt, but i'm thinkin a PofO/SX tour would be the greatest thing to happen to this country since the family guy DVDs were released. ...please? cant wait to hear the new clip! :cool:
FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! Another Family Guy Fan!!!!! :hotjump: Stewie Rules man!!!! :lol:

I would LOVE to play shows with Symphony X!!!!! We were lucky enough to share the same stage with them at the 1st ProgPower in Lansing, IL.
Maybe we can get Jax to throw in a good word for us with the guys. ;)

~D
:cool:

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! Another Family Guy Fan!!!!! :hotjump: Stewie Rules man!!!! :lol:

I would LOVE to play shows with Symphony X!!!!! We were lucky enough to share the same stage with them at the 1st ProgPower in Lansing, IL.
Maybe we can get Jax to throw in a good word for us with the guys. ;)

~D
:cool:
Do you happen to have a recording of the show you did at ProgPower? A live bootleg of Power of Omens sounds delicious........

saki said:
Do you happen to have a recording of the show you did at ProgPower? A live bootleg of Power of Omens sounds delicious........
Well I have a few clips of the show... in fact they used to be on the website...
Tell ya what... send me an e-mail.
I put together a small DVD that I was originally planning on selling (for just the cost of the media and shipping). Send me an e-mail with your address, and I'll see if I still have one of the original ones that I made as a tester, and I'll send that out to you.

I'll post a note on the actual DVD on a seperate post.

~D

Well I have a few clips of the show... in fact they used to be on the website...
Tell ya what... send me an e-mail.
I put together a small DVD that I was originally planning on selling (for just the cost of the media and shipping). Send me an e-mail with your address, and I'll see if I still have one of the original ones that I made as a tester, and I'll send that out to you.

I'll post a note on the actual DVD on a seperate post.

~D
Email just sent! WOOHOO!!! :headbang:

säki

whats everyone up to?? not just the band. everyone. anyone? havent heard much from this forum in a while. hopefully no news is good news.

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
whats everyone up to?? not just the band. everyone. anyone? havent heard much from this forum in a while. hopefully no news is good news.

This place HAS been pretty dead lately!!

I'll let you know what's going on. My hand is healing pretty well; it's been 4 weeks since surgery. I've been doing 'rehab' exercises the past 2 weeks. I can now make a full fist, but it's been excruciating getting it there. Basically, my pinky knuckle doesnt' bend, or at least didn't 2 weeks ago. I have to bend it as far as I can, and then just PUSH it down into a bent position - thereby stretching (or to me, it feels like ripping) my tendons out. It hurts a lot worse than it did when I broke the friggin' thing.

But...I have been holding sticks, at least enough to demonstrate things to my students. In another couple of weeks I'll be able to get back on the kit.

In the meantime I've been writing songs and I'm pretty excited about them. Can't wait to practice again!

derron

Derron - Power of Omens said:
This place HAS been pretty dead lately!!
derron
Well, I haven't been on much due to the fact that my computer got zapped in the last storm. Today I got my new one! Yay! I've also got finals going on right now! I've been listening to PoO A LOT lately...and last night I watched the DVD for the 100th time. I can't wait to see Power of Omens live. Shame on me for missing the show last year!!!!!! :yell:

säki

Actually, i've been listening to a lot of PoO lately too! I love what Alex did on that one minute interlude-like song on EotO. And i bet the DVD is really killer. Sure would LOVE to see it! (ahem...hint hint Dave) ;)