Upcoming shows

saki

Dec 1, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Dave,

You mentioned to me recently that PofO would be playing shows soon, but I don't remember the details. Did you say that the shows would only be 'after' the next CD comes out?!? Also, how are things progressing (no pun intended)? :)

säki

saki said:
Dave,

You mentioned to me recently that PofO would be playing shows soon, but I don't remember the details. Did you say that the shows would only be 'after' the next CD comes out?!? Also, how are things progressing (no pun intended)? :)

säki

Actually, we do plan on playing as soon as the CD is completed, which we're hoping for a late summer completion. We were in the middle of committng to an event that was going to happen in Houston for the Fall, but it seems that got post-poned now for possibly early Spring 2006.
:erk:
Despite that setback though, we still plan on doing a few shows as soon as the CD is complete... with San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston being definite stops.
The one thing we don't want to do this time, is sit on our asses waiting to play like we've done in the past....LOL!!! We definitely want to take a more aggressive role in pushing ourselves with this next CD, and finally getting out their like a "real" band should
;)
As for the music, it's finally starting to come along nicely... the band is finally finding it's groove, and becoming comfortable with each other in regards to playing and writing... which makes it easier for this new CD. One thing I really think is going to make a big difference with this disc than any others we've done in the past, is that we're going to be so much more prepared than before. Alot of the older material was recorded as we wrote it, with not a whole lot of practice time to tighten parts... now we're actually getting the practice time in, and once we're ready to record the songs, we'll all be so tight with our parts that I think it will really show on this next disc. :)

I think this next CD is going to be alot more polished in every way possible.

~D

Hay Dave! Its been some time, but I have been checking to read whatever... I am glad to see that the band is progressing on the new material and becoming tight! By the way, have you heard - AT WAR WITH SELF, Torn Between Dimensions CD? I would like your thoughts...
Peace,

nckissfan said:
Hey Dave, come play NC, I will put y'all up for the night :Spin:

It would be great to come up and play NC... we just might take you up on that offer when we start putting shows together. ;)

~D

OmDave said:
Hay Dave! Its been some time, but I have been checking to read whatever... I am glad to see that the band is progressing on the new material and becoming tight! By the way, have you heard - AT WAR WITH SELF, Torn Between Dimensions CD? I would like your thoughts...
Peace,

Hey Dave, great to see you on here again...To be honest, I've never heard of them... who would you say they sound like??

~D

Haya Dave! AT WAR WITH SELF, Torn Between Dimensions - Here is a little insight from LaserCD.com on this great project...

"At War With Self is the project name for an instrumental trio that was put together by guitarist/composer Glenn Snelwar. He is perhaps best known for his vital contributions to the first offering from Sean Malone's Gordian Knot project. At War With Self's debut release, Torn Between Dimensions, features Snelwar on guitars, mandolins and keyboards, Michael Manring on fretless bass and e-bow, and Mark Zonder on drums and percussion. Mark Zonder's progressive drumming forms the backbone for Snelwar's guitars, mandolins and keyboards that intertwine with Michael Manring's expressive fretless bass lines and e-bow. The idea behind Torn Between Dimensions is to create compositions that have an intensity of emotion and incorporate a wide variety of influences. Derived from an equal passion for progressive rock and metal bands such as King Crimson, Voivod and Pink Floyd, classical composers such as Leo Brouwer, Bela Bartok and Heitor Villa Lobos, to such diverse influences as bluegrass and jazz, Torn Between Dimensions is the realization of how Glenn chooses to take these influences and combine them into something undeniably progressive and strikingly original. The end result is a dense wall of sound, where multiple genres are explored within each song, as one song flows seamlessly into the next."
http://www.lasercd.com/merchant/lasercd/freeelectricsound.asp

See: http://glennsnelwar.com/

Yeah, it's prog alright. Yet, it is rich in mood, textures and nuance with big dynamic shifts and crunch. The musicianship here is stellar. I just thought you, the band and other fans need to know about this CD. By the way, I do not know Glenn or the other guys. Just think this is a very cool CD.

Dave, is the PoO DVD-R till for sale?? I may need another copy!

OmDave said:
Haya Dave! AT WAR WITH SELF, Torn Between Dimensions - Here is a little insight from LaserCD.com on this great project...

Yeah, it's prog alright. Yet, it is rich in mood, textures and nuance with big dynamic shifts and crunch. The musicianship here is stellar. I just thought you, the band and other fans need to know about this CD. By the way, I do not know Glenn or the other guys. Just think this is a very cool CD.

Sounds very interesting... I just may have to check that out... especially with Zonder on there. :)

As for the DVD, I pretty much do those as people request them. :)
Did the last one go bad???

~D

Well, no it did not go bad...I just...By accident left the CD in a CD drive that was returned do to a defect...Yeah it's a little embarrassing! So..I would like to replace it and pickup your solo CD!
-Dave

Dave - Power of Omens said:
Actually, we do plan on playing as soon as the CD is completed, which we're hoping for a late summer completion. We were in the middle of committng to an event that was going to happen in Houston for the Fall, but it seems that got post-poned now for possibly early Spring 2006.
:erk:
~D

Would this be the possible festival that Bobby (williamson) is putting together :err:

Dave,

When was the last time PoO played?!? If I remember correctly, I was taking finals at that time and couldn't go, but it seems like it has been so long. Did anyone bother to record (through soundboard) or bootleg that show?!? I am dying to hear some live PoO. Also, when are you going to be in S.A. again?!?

säki

BalanceofPower said:
You guys should come play Chicago. Maybe we could set up some shows together.

I think that would be cool... it's been way too long since we've played Chicago.
:headbang:

saki said:
Dave,

When was the last time PoO played?!? If I remember correctly, I was taking finals at that time and couldn't go, but it seems like it has been so long. Did anyone bother to record (through soundboard) or bootleg that show?!? I am dying to hear some live PoO. Also, when are you going to be in S.A. again?!?

säki

The last show we played was May 3rd, 2003 at the Robb's MetalWorks Showcase. Last year Watchtower played it, and this year (this past weekend actually) I believe it was Solitue Aeturnus. Robb video taped portions of the show, and now I sell it on a DVDr that I put together along with an Interview I did with him on his show, self-produced videos for two songs off of Rooms of Anguish, a photo gallery, and both CDs, along with bonus tracks in surround sound.
Well, I don't plan on being back in S.A. until the end of August (Labor day weekend)... unless gas gets any more expensive... :erk:
I'll let you know for sure though when I do come back down.

~D

Dave - Power of Omens said:
I think that would be cool... it's been way too long since we've played Chicago.
:headbang:

The last show we played was May 3rd, 2003 at the Robb's MetalWorks Showcase. Last year Watchtower played it, and this year (this past weekend actually) I believe it was Solitue Aeturnus. Robb video taped portions of the show, and now I sell it on a DVDr that I put together along with an Interview I did with him on his show, self-produced videos for two songs off of Rooms of Anguish, a photo gallery, and both CDs, along with bonus tracks in surround sound.
Well, I don't plan on being back in S.A. until the end of August (Labor day weekend)... unless gas gets any more expensive... :erk:
I'll let you know for sure though when I do come back down.

~D

If you guys don't have the Omens DVD you should buy it. Its awesome, Dave did a great job on it. :headbang:

Actually, I got that DVD from Dave a while back. I am much more of a live 'audio' vs live 'video' guy though. Live music is just very special to me. That's the main reason I collect and now record :Spin: *cough* live boots *cough*.

säki

OmDave said:

"At War With Self is the project name for an instrumental trio that was put together by guitarist/composer Glenn Snelwar. He is perhaps best known for his vital contributions to the first offering from Sean Malone's Gordian Knot project. At War With Self's debut release, Torn Between Dimensions, features Snelwar on guitars, mandolins and keyboards, Michael Manring on fretless bass and e-bow, and Mark Zonder on drums and percussion. Mark Zonder's progressive drumming forms the backbone for Snelwar's guitars, mandolins and keyboards that intertwine with Michael Manring's expressive fretless bass lines and e-bow. The idea behind Torn Between Dimensions is to create compositions that have an intensity of emotion and incorporate a wide variety of influences. Derived from an equal passion for progressive rock and metal bands such as King Crimson, Voivod and Pink Floyd, classical composers such as Leo Brouwer, Bela Bartok and Heitor Villa Lobos, to such diverse influences as bluegrass and jazz, Torn Between Dimensions is the realization of how Glenn chooses to take these influences and combine them into something undeniably progressive and strikingly original. The end result is a dense wall of sound, where multiple genres are explored within each song, as one song flows seamlessly into the next."
http://www.lasercd.com/merchant/lasercd/freeelectricsound.asp

See: http://glennsnelwar.com/

excellent tip!
you can check out my review of the album at
http://www.vampire-magazine.com/reviews.asp?id=3797
have been e-mailing with Glenn since he told me he liked my review :headbang:
very cool and relaxed guy

you can also find a very lengthy review of "Rooms of anguish" in our database
if I'm correct Power Of Omens still have my interview haha! perhaps we should give a new go after the new CD is out?

btw, I'll be moving to Pittsburgh within a month or so
I'm curious how the metal scene is over there compared to what I'm used to here in the Netherlands/Europe