Question?

ender7227 said:
The fighting I could deal with, it's a set of problems and when I'm faced with a truly challenging problem(which so rarely occurs) I am in a true state of zen, as it were. The training would snap me due to a lack of self esteem, self respect, and a drill sergeant kicking my mental ass day in and day out. I think in the battlefield I'd have no problem, but in the training I'd get snapped like a twig.

I think the point of the training is to snap you, and then build you back the way they need you to be.

Hmm... *strokes lack of beard...
Regardless, I am not going to fight under some dumb-fuck like Bush, and the current candidates don't look to promising either. And Congress is a bunch of fuck-tards right now as well. Once I get an administration with an IQ of over 100, then I'll fight.

ender7227 said:
The fighting I could deal with, it's a set of problems and when I'm faced with a truly challenging problem(which so rarely occurs) I am in a true state of zen, as it were. The training would snap me due to a lack of self esteem, self respect, and a drill sergeant kicking my mental ass day in and day out. I think in the battlefield I'd have no problem, but in the training I'd get snapped like a twig.

And that is WHY people snap.

Because they don't expect the actual fighting to be hard and killing towelheads is only good fun, but when bullets hail and people around you die they suddenly realise things arent like in the computer games.

Even though I haven't been in any shootouts here we have been under mortar attack, and once you wake up knowing that someone just tried to kill you you get that little "whoa" feeling. Just going out of camp makes you think since there is a reason why you wear bullet proof vest, kvelar helmet and two weapons. It's strange yet somewhat satisfying. You get some interesting views on life and all that emo shit. I wouldn't want to have been without these impressions if i had the chance to go back 5 months and say no to going.
But don't ever think that training is harder, it may be physically hard but I've seen some pretty fucked up people.

Hmm... I don't grow attached to people easily, so I don't know if that's a plus or not. The point is, if my country were truly threatened, I would go without a qualm, no matter who is in office. But if a dickhead is in office, I wouldn't go, unless we were in imminent danger, basically meaning another world war or a war upon a large reigon, not one small country. I don't know. Like I said, I have no frame of reference for war.

PanzerKunt said:
It's strange yet somewhat satisfying. You get some interesting views on life and all that emo shit.
Yes, it's like.. "I never liked my shoes untill i saw that guy with no legs". A trip to a poor country, with a small expectation of life, would make all the emo guys think "Hey, i want more than this shit from my life, i actually want to do something in my life, because i have it... and these guys don't.. they die at 35 and their life was a calvaire. I need a change."

I doubt I would go to war. Its not the thought of killing someone more the fact that if you shoot a so called innocent towelhead by mistake the media label you as a racist. Also if you slap a prisoner of war or even beat the crap out of the enemy you are racist. It seems now people don't seem to understand war. I mean these prisoners have probably killed your friends yet you can't give them shit as they are an ethnic minority. I even find it funny how when rebels capture someone white and kill them the media never says thats racist.

immo said:
Yes, it's like.. "I never liked my shoes untill i saw that guy with no legs". A trip to a poor country, with a small expectation of life, would make all the emo guys think "Hey, i want more than this shit from my life, i actually want to do something in my life, because i have it... and these guys don't.. they die at 35 and their life was a calvaire. I need a change."

Stop taking things out of context you hippie cunt.

evil miscreant said:
Europe-The Final Countdown is one of the gayest piece of shit songs I have ever heard.
the video... gayer than face to face gay sex