Quick/beginner/stupid questions go here

Well, since this is a stupid question I suppose this goes here even though it's not COB related. Can someone please tell me how to resize a picture so I can have it as my avatar? Sorry for my stupidity but computers aren't exactly my cup of tea...

Well, since this is a stupid question I suppose this goes here even though it's not COB related. Can someone please tell me how to resize a picture so I can have it as my avatar? Sorry for my stupidity but computers aren't exactly my cup of tea...

or open it in icrosoft paint. Push ctrl+K or resize it manually by moving the edges after having marked the whole picture.

edit: joonas you were right, i changed it.

^But that will cut the picture?

Open the pic in ACDC, then Modify, Resize, fill the requested dimensions, Done, Save (/a copy as).

Whatever dude, just do it.

I thought the same because they mentioned in a interview (it may be CRY) that they got paid for the studio time by spinefarm. But i never read/heard something that exactly said it's the recording for the belgian label we always listen to.
In this fact implies the lake bodom question I wrote about before.

Well I don't know, but I think that what Spinefarm may have done is paying for the studio time that they had already payed for themselves to record the album for the belgian label. It sounds weird and quite unprofessional from the belgian dudes, but knowing it was such a ripp-off I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think they ever re-recorded SW for Spinefarm but that it was the same recordings.

About Lake Bodom, I think they may have had it anyway if they were going to be called Inearthed and it'd have been just another song, but when they got thename Children Of Bodom decided to make a tradition to have a Bodom themed song in each album. Of course that's all speculation, but dunno.

Blooddrunk single, Children of Bodom single. And I knew that this is just an add, but I wanted to hear others thoughts.

You're right, I hadn't thought of those two! Well, it may be the artwork, but dunno, it looks a bit weird as artwork. Anyway, who knows? Let's just wait till it's out.

You're right, I hadn't thought of those two! Well, it may be the artwork, but dunno, it looks a bit weird as artwork. Anyway, who knows? Let's just wait till it's out.

That's right. But I don't like that one that's now on Cobhc.com... Also the Downfall single but I didn't count it in because you can see the reaper slightly faded over the artwork...

hey guys
I just saw many of you guys recording all this stuff on guitar and then uploading it to sendspace and stuff which is think is really cool 8)
Id like to know how you guys to this^^ I mean what do you use to record it? Do you somehow plug the guitar in your in your pc or do you use a mic?...
Im a guitar player myself... and well... id like to start recording some shit as well ;)
Thanks very much ;)

hey guys
I just saw many of you guys recording all this stuff on guitar and then uploading it to sendspace and stuff which is think is really cool 8)
Id like to know how you guys to this^^ I mean what do you use to record it? Do you somehow plug the guitar in your in your pc or do you use a mic?...
Im a guitar player myself... and well... id like to start recording some shit as well ;)
Thanks very much ;)

Hey dude, welcome to the forum. I guess.

The way I do it is simply putting a cable from my effects unit into the mic input of my PC. I was lucky enough that my soundcard can handle it.

I would recommend getting some preamp that specializes in just that, recording. There are tons of equipment that does the job.

You could also place a regular mic infront of your amp and just record, works too. :)

After 11 years of great music - do you think that the Bodom guys are now millionaires?

No way..I did read somewhere though that Alexi has been placed in the yellow pages register thing in Finland that gives estimates of peoples income based on the tax they're paying but I dunno if you have to be rich to get on the list or just be famous,cob and Alexi I'm presuming are definately famous in Finland..
I wonder how wages are divided by the band..do they all get an equal share of money from tours and merchandise like t-shirts? I know Alexi gets more from cds and downloads cos he wrote the songs and whatnot, but I wonder does he get a bigger share of everything on account of being frontman?..