Quick/beginner/stupid questions go here

The reason I said I don't know what it means was because I fail to understand what makes people so goddamn interested in what these drunken fools say. There's much more interesting stuff out there to study.

I'm not sure if it's about the wanting to know what drunken fools say.. In my case it's just wanting to know what it means because it is Finnish, and I'm interested in learning the Finnish language..

Why. So you can eventually marry a rich Finnish man without having to work? There would be easier languages if you don't have any handsome rich men in Netherlands. I study a lot of "weird shit" but I still work.

Why. So you can eventually marry a rich Finnish man without having to work? I study a lot of "weird shit" but I still work.

Nope,

because I like the language. It's a beautiful language and it's a language which isn't spoken by everyone.
I wanted to do something with languages but I didn't want those major classes like English, I didn't like the German language and truly hate French.. which all three I have had in highschool..
I bumped into Finnish and stuck around..

Besides, I like the Finnish culture and arts.

It's the sun - or the lack of it - I think I have Seasonal Disorder. Swimming and sauna helps tho, and any sports. Or cooking, or some other things.

It's the sun - or the lack of it - I think I have Seasonal Disorder. Swimming and sauna helps tho, and any sports. Or cooking, or some other things.

Try living in never ending autumn and rain :S
I wish we had more saunas in the Netherlands and that we didn't have to pay so much for it...

I like snow.. but the last couple of years we've only had one day.. in april.. during easter.......

Last year I remember we had about 3 weeks of rain and bad weather (non stop of course), I can tell that's a lot and rare where I live. At the beginning I liked it, but then I started to feel depressed, I wasn't alone in that case. We're so not used to it. So you have all my support !!! :lol:

Last year I remember we had about 3 weeks of rain and bad weather (non stop of course), I can tell that's a lot and rare where I live. At the beginning I liked it, but then I started to feel depressed, I wasn't alone in that case. We're so not used to it. So you have all my support !!! :lol:

It's friggin' december and we haven't even had temperatures below 5degrees yet :S It's been raining and cold because of the wind since september...

Last year we had 1 day of snow on the second day of easter.. It was snowing like crazy... and a day later everything was gone again...

If we are lucky our summers are hot and moist.. if we have a bad summer it means rain, rain, rain.. like this year..

hehe.. luckily I was in Savonlinna for 4 weeks when it was raining in the NL we had 4 weeks of 24/25 degrees and a lot of sunshine!! hehe.. :heh:

Yeah, having a deprivation of sunlight, or inversely a total overexposure of it being around all the time without any balance, can really mess with your head.

Try living in never ending autumn and rain :S I wish we had more saunas in the Netherlands and that we didn't have to pay so much for it...

I've heard it rains a lot in Netherlands. But that's fine with me because it means it rains almost always in the Belgian Spa Francorchamps motor races. :p

Well in Finland you get these 8 or-so months when there's a dim daylight glowing thru the clouds for a couple of hours at daytime and otherwise complete darkness. It's depressing. But it's cool when you remember to take your vitamins, do sports and party, and have sauna while doing all that. Also watching Madventures with friends under your palm tree drinking Pina Colada from pineapples with friends is recommendable.

I remember the constant sunshine of the desert makes you pissed off.