Quick Question for Rob or Chris?

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Any estimation about what time the bands will be announced this year?

Any clues as to what direction you guys are leaning in terms of bands other than "Powerful" ones?

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Any estimation about what time the bands will be announced this year?

Any clues as to what direction you guys are leaning in terms of bands other than "Powerful" ones?

We hope to start announcing within the next month & complete the lineup by sometime in December...definitely by the end of the year.

And in terms of the direction, all I can say for sure is that there will be less emphasis on the Power Metal style, but definitely not excluded. Mostly, expect the bands to rip your head off with intensity, songwriting, & technical ability...proportions may differ from band to band. ;)

Jasonic said:
Rob,
Are you guys abandoning the sponsorship idea?
In other words, have you guys pretty much decided upon the line-up?

We haven't abandoned the sponsorship idea...yet. We're waiting to see how the headliners pan out first before we make a move on whether or not we'll do that. However, if you (or anyone for that matter) have your heart set on a particular band & are willing to sponsor them, send me a PM or an email, and I'll run it by the committee (hehe) to see if we think that band falls into our scope for next year. ;)

And yes, we do have our "ideal" line-up picked...but that doesn't mean shit until we hear back from all those bands. Although, we do have back-up bands selected for most slots if our first choices don't pan out.

Also, as an FYI...we're intending to have a pre-party show on the Thursday before, which will probably cater more to the lesser known bands...similar to the opening slots of past years.

And...it looks like the fest will be closer to the middle or end of April next time...in case that matters for anyone.

Later...and keep your fingers crossed for us!!:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
Rob

GateXII said:
And...it looks like the fest will be closer to the middle or end of April next time...in case that matters for anyone.

Later...and keep your fingers crossed for us!!:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
Rob

Cool! :headbang: Looking forward to see who will be there this year....

J-Dubya

TheWhisper said:
Yeah, go ahead and announce Communic...
Trust me, I wish we could announce already. Although, because we're currently concentrating on solidifying our headliners, which is our priority & takes the longest time, it may still take a bit.

KEEP YOUR PANTS ON!!! :p

Shit if you DID announce Communic I'd get my ass out there for the show.

-Metal

Of course we missed you, now how about some bands??!?!?! Come on Progpower already has half the bands announced, I know Powerfest isnt on the same scale as PP, but Powerfest is supposed to be in like 4 and half months. I need to start planning. And actually you should just move Powerfest to May2 and have Angra headline!!!

edit: if you move you right hand off the home key row on the keyboard you get some pretty crazy stuff typed hence the kissed. LOL!!