Quick sample batch - Pearl Chad Smith snare.

pjcohen

Jan 20, 2012
Hi, all. A quick, multisampled snare from one of my recent projects - 4 hard hits. The snare was a 14x5 Pearl Chad Smith steel/black nickel shell. Not your typical fat metal snare but hopefully it's useable. Recorded in 16bit, 44.1K stereo .WAV files. I sampled her with a Sennheiser 421 top mic, Beyer m201 bottom mic, DPA 4041-S overheads, and Royer R-122 for room. Feedback is welcome. Hope you all enjoy! :heh:

.ZIP download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/89435690/PearlChadSmithSnare.zip

-- Phill C

You are insane. I haven't even had the time to listen to the last six or so samples I downloaded from you. I'm sure they sound as great as the others. Many thanks! You could create an own thread dedicated to your samples and host them in one package altogether and just update it whenever you add new samples. This would help to create an oversight as currently your samples are spread all across the forum.

I would do that if there were a way to get instant email notifications of updates to the thread even if you haven't visited the board. I'd like to be notified whenever someone posts a reply to one of my threads, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that in the thread subscription options. Anyone have any advice?

Cheers!

-- Phill

You can get email notifications but it will only send one until you visit the thread again (this is to stop you getting loads of emails about the same thread)

By the way man I'm gonna go through all your samples and get them chopped up and made into tci's in the next few days, once I'm done I'll send them all to you so you can put them up on any threads that don't have them yet.

A massive "YOU'RE WELCOME!" to all. Would love to hear some critical feedback so I can improve my sampling techniques. :wave:

Take care all, and happy hollidays! :D

-- Phill