quite dead place...

Yup. This is why I was trying to get more people from the IM BB board to come over and use this one. The whole 'rising hell' or whatever had a lot of interested people and their work got a lot of views. 2 years ago, this place was a madhouse...with lots of projects/etc.

Now it is just a few of us..doing tracks at a snails pace. :(

rabies said:
Yup. This is why I was trying to get more people from the IM BB board to come over and use this one. The whole 'rising hell' or whatever had a lot of interested people and their work got a lot of views. 2 years ago, this place was a madhouse...with lots of projects/etc.

Now it is just a few of us..doing tracks at a snails pace. :(

it was u in playing hallowed's solo?it is simply great!the songs is very similar to the original...another one i like a lot is "where eagles dare" and i saw u did guitar 1-2...congratulations rabies!

I took the 2nd solo (adrian's) on Hallowed. Medsy did the one with the wah pedal. Yea..I did all the guitars on Where Eagles Dare.

I have been thinking strongly about re-recording all the guitars for the wickerman after hearing the work of the IM BB members. It was my first for the IMG, and I did not do a good job...and we had another guitar player who did the solo/intro. I've since learned the solo myself.

Many of the musicians for those old songs are still here. Constantine (bass) is ready to record. I know Hyde still reads the threads...just has nothing to say. I think 7th is around occasionally as well. I am worried about EC though...he was the backbone and the starter....and I have not seen/heard from him in weeks. :(

We really lost steam after Maidenman (our former drummer) left. It went downhill. We have a new drummer (hulkblood) who we started working on a new song with....but we are waiting for ECs bass part for that. Hopefully, once he gets his new soundcard and records a couple tracks, things will pick up again. Back when songs like Hallowed were recorded, we were averaging getting about 2-3 songs done a month. Busy times.

:headbang:

I'm still here and willing to contribute some guitar work if something pops up. I've been keeping up to date on the threads and I'm glad to see some new members are posting.

I'm getting concerned about Ec myself since he didn't even pop in to mention that his Steelers whipped up on the Cowboys in the preaseason game the other day. :lol:

Seriously though, all I have going on musically right now is that I went (further) in debt for a new amp and guitar, and I'm trying to become good enough at playing again to justify the cost. Hopefully I'll be able to do that.
I've been writing some songs with my brother and nephew and we are trying to put a band together. It's totally still in the garage stage. (literally).

As far as I am concerned, your guitar playing is already good enough to justify the cost. What did you end up buying?

Not only did he not pop in after the steelers game, he never popped in after the Maiden concert in Pittsuburg. I know he was supposed to be going.

Hyde, I hate to say this, but maybe you could lay down a bass track for paranoid?

rabies said:
As far as I am concerned, your guitar playing is already good enough to justify the cost. What did you end up buying?

Not only did he not pop in after the steelers game, he never popped in after the Maiden concert in Pittsuburg. I know he was supposed to be going.

Hyde, I hate to say this, but maybe you could lay down a bass track for paranoid?

Thanks Rabies. I got an Ibanez Prestige guitar, it looks like this one
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=S1620FB pretty cool.

I got a Marshall DSL 100 head and a Mesa 4 X 12 cabinet. Now I have to sell off all my old stuff to help pay for it.

That is odd that he didn't even check in after Maiden. Maybe his computer went down and he hasn't been able to get online. Hopefully nothing serious is wrong.

Oh...I hate you. I've toyed with the idea of getting a prestige model for awhile..can't afford it. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back?

...and why an S model Series? They are nice..but only 22 frets..

I have an older Mesa 4x12 (Celes and Black widow speakers) myself. Nice...and a DSL 100 head to boot! Wow..you pretty much bought a whole new rig!

Right now I am seriously considering buying the line6 variax guitar (guitar that models 26 others..from the makers of the POD). Would be ideal for home recording.

rabies said:
Oh...I hate you. I've toyed with the idea of getting a prestige model for awhile..can't afford it. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back?

...and why an S model Series? They are nice..but only 22 frets..

I have an older Mesa 4x12 (Celes and Black widow speakers) myself. Nice...and a DSL 100 head to boot! Wow..you pretty much bought a whole new rig!

Right now I am seriously considering buying the line6 variax guitar (guitar that models 26 others..from the makers of the POD). Would be ideal for home recording.

Shit I can't afford it either but the credit gods/devils helped me out. I think after tax I ended up paying about $900 for it. The reason I got the guitar was totally unplanned. I was checking out the amp head and the Mesa cabinet and I was playing through it with an Ibanez Satriani model when the salesman told me about it.
He brought it over and I really liked it, and while my wife and I were talking over buying the head and cab she goes...so find out what kind a deal they'll give on all three...:D I said...um all three??
She said that she knew I liked the guitar and that she wanted me to have it. I couldn't argue!

Yeah I needed a whole new rig now that I'm playing with a band again. My Jackson guitar cabinets sound nice but they are too damn heavy to move around and they don't quite sound the way I want. I found that my Genesis 3 does a great job at home recording but has some gliches when I try to use it for live music.
Now I've got to figure out what gear I'm going to sell off and how. I'm still a little apprehensive about ebay but I might try that. I don't know if I want the hassle of dealing with an add in the newspaper and people calling and all that but I won't get jack if I take my stuff to any of the music stores around here.

Constantine. Working. Sorry. Hopefully by this weekend. Glad you want to record again.

Hyde. ebay is not bad. Too damn addictive once you get into it. I have managed to stay away, but my wife was addicted for awhile. I have eyed a couple nice guitars on there I toyed around with buying..but getting an instrument through ebay scares me a little.

Sounds like you have an understanding wife!