R.I.P. Steve McNair

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5grrYbARZsg3ruEAqycFPRfNu2EjwD9981MH00

Former NFL quarterback McNair killed in Tennessee

By KRISTIN M. HALL – 14 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair was shot multiple times, including once in the head, and a pistol was discovered near the body of the 20-year-old woman found dead with him Saturday in a downtown condominium.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron identified the woman as Sahel Kazemi, whom he called a "friend" of McNair's. She had a single gunshot wound to the head.

Police said the 36-year-old McNair was found on the sofa in the living room, and Kazemi was very close to him on the floor. Aaron said the gun was not "readily apparent" when police first arrived.

Autopsies were planned for Sunday.

Aaron said McNair's wife, Mechelle, is "very distraught."

"At this juncture, we do not believe she is involved," he said. "Nothing has been ruled out, but as far as actively looking for a suspect tonight, the answer would be no."

The bodies were discovered Saturday afternoon by McNair's longtime friend Wayne Neeley, who said he rents the condo with McNair.

Aaron said Neeley told authorities he went into the condo, saw McNair on the sofa and Kazemi on the floor but walked first into the kitchen before going back into the living room, where he saw the blood.

Neeley then called a friend, who alerted authorities.

Police said a witness saw McNair arrive at the condo between 1:30 and 2 a.m. Saturday and that Kazemi's vehicle was already there.

Two days ago, Nashville police arrested Kazemi on a DUI charge while driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair was in the front seat, but didn't break the law and was allowed to leave by taxi.

Wow.

A mildly famous quarterback... never a fan... but getting executed is still a nasty way to go. :(

Obviously, his wife or someone else didn't like the idea of Mcnair shacking-up with some 20-year-old girl. Too bad lives are lost...but can't say I'm shocked when hearing stuff like this and what it looks like? esp in the lives of professional athletes.

Obviously, his wife or someone else didn't like the idea of Mcnair shacking-up with some 20-year-old girl. Too bad lives are lost...but can't say I'm shocked when hearing stuff like this and what it looks like? esp in the lives of professional athletes.

Him and his wife were supposedly on a year long separation of sorts so I'm pretty certain it wasn't her.

Him and his wife were supposedly on a year long separation of sorts so I'm pretty certain it wasn't her.

Yup...correct. Given this situation with the wife and the fact that it looked like him and the young girl had something worthy going...makes ya wonder? Its not likely the young girl would be pissed at him...with him still wanting to be with his wife or something? He must of had other relation interests going on that made her distraught...a murder suicide. Of course this could be a major set-up to make it look like a murder suicide...who the hell knows, thats a whole other can of worms. Will sure make for one-helluva movie someday.

At least he can't destroy his legacy by pulling a Favre now.

Wait...isn't Favre dead too?!? Oops, I was thinking of the recently deceased other white fraud MJ. :D