OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE ...

Not really. It's pathetic, yes. Very pathetic. But it's not a crime against your own species. I mean, death is worse than rape, right? Should everyone who works in a slaughterhouse be jailed for killing animals?

It's far beyond pathetic. It's disturbed and depraved beyond belief. Have another think about what he did for a second, because I feel that's getting lost amongst all the arguing tbh. And your analogy sucks.

How long did Varg get? 21 years? And he almost got let out after what? 12?
So...12 years for killing a human and burning a couple churches, up to 15 for killing a cat. "Punished accordingly?" In the US he would have gotten life without doubt.

Isn't Varg still behind bars? I assumed he did get life. Anyway it's irrelevant.

You don't fucking get it. The point is, you can't punish someone for crimes they didn't commit; you're assuming he'll go on to commit more crimes, so you want to increase the punishment to allow for future offenses. You can't do that.

No, I think he should get the maximum penalty because criminal psychology has come a bit further than that tbh. I've read a lot about serial killers and disturbed nutjobs in my time, and what he did fits the profile of these people exactly. In your world we should wait for him to do this again or do this to a human before taking any real action. I don't agree.

1. Do you know? Maybe he's in a garage band that could in a few years revolutionize heavy metal.
2. The punishment must fit the crime. Ever heard of that? It's called "we can't assume that he'll go on to kill people just because he killed a cat, so we can only punish him for killing the cat"

Yes, the punishment should definitely fit the crime. That's why we shouldn't just punish him for killing a cat. We should punish him because of way he did it.

It's far beyond pathetic. It's disturbed and depraved beyond belief. Have another think about what he did for a second, because I feel that's getting lost amongst all the arguing tbh. And your analogy sucks.

Isn't Varg still behind bars? I assumed he did get life. Anyway it's irrelevant.

No, I think he should get the maximum penalty because criminal psychology has come a bit further than that tbh. I've read a lot about serial killers and disturbed nutjobs in my time, and what he did fits the profile of these people exactly. In your world we should wait for him to do this again or do this to a human before taking any real action. I don't agree.

Yes, the punishment should definitely fit the crime. That's why we shouldn't just punish him for killing a cat. We should punish him because of way he did it.

thank you sir... and that is EXACTLY the point i was making about serial killers... this kind of behavior is very common amongst people who turn into jeffrey dahmer types...

That should be irrelevant to his current sentencing. As of now he is not a serial killer and you cannot punish him more or less based on a statistical probability. If anything it should just suggest that there are some underlying mental issues that need to be addressed, and those certainly aren't going to be addressed sitting in a prison cell.

That should be irrelevant to his current sentencing. As of now he is not a serial killer and you cannot punish him more or less based on a statistical probability. If anything it should just suggest that there are some underlying mental issues that need to be addressed, and those certainly aren't going to be addressed sitting in a prison cell.

yes... but why not treat him in prison?

You can't punish him based on statistical probability no, but you can punish him based on psychiatric evaluation and the extremity of the crime he's committed, even though it was "only a cat" & all. I agree his needs probably aren't going to be met in prison. A psychiatric institution of some sort would probably be a more suitable place for him to serve his sentence.

You can't punish him based on statistical probability no, but you can punish him based on psychiatric evaluation and the extremity of the crime he's committed, even though it was "only a cat" & all. I agree his needs probably aren't going to be met in prison. A psychiatric institution of some sort would probably be a more suitable place for him to serve his sentence.

I said this, and you disagreed with me with you Minority Report style logic... and now you agree... I am confused.

he's flip flopping!

hey guys i just ate some bread and I hear dahmer ate bread too. i fit the profile. maybe i should go to jail instead of psychiatric help.

If you honestly think he was trying to make a relevant and consequential point you should get your sarcasm detectors checked.

I said this, and you disagreed with me with you Minority Report style logic... and now you agree... I am confused.

No, you said something alomg the lines of "Blah blah OMG you're all retards, he didn't even hurt A HUMAN!! He should get a couple of years in therapy!!". I don't agree with you at all, I think he should get the maximum sentence, be it in jail or a high security psychiatric facility, as long as he's "away". I don't think this person has any place in society, and I don't hold out much hope of him being rehabilitated based on the crime he's committed.

Varg only got like 23 years because in Norway NOONE can go to jail longer than like 23 years or whatever, it's their law. Just to clear that up

He's up for parole, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't get out, because, well, let's not forget that he escaped from prison and then committed grand theft auto with a weapon. That doesn't exactly look good.