Ragnarokkr 2015 - Second Stage : Walpyrgus

With all do respect, if TTD is willing to play the fest, why the hell would Odin NOT have them play?????

I remember Tony was so excited that Winterhawk were playing.

He kept waving their tshirt during their set.

I am with Jeremy.
I always thought of Axes and Honour as possibly the greatest metal anthem by a US band.

Nope, I can't think of any athems by international bands that are better or even stand up to "Axes and Honor"
As for having TTD play, only Dave would have to be brought along.

I guess another option is to ask if the rest of the guys would be willing to make the trip and play the Music Joint Stage. Maybe try to generate a couple hundred in sponsorship $$$ to provide them some gas $$$, but then obviously don't make the rest of the band pay for tickets. Just a thought. Would be a killer show if you think about it. Prolly better than them on the mainstage anyhow.

Nobody puts TTD on the side stage.

I am being very real.
Sorry, I like TTD a lot too (been a fan since I first saw them at the first Alehorn in 06).

Though, I don't think they are TOO big for the Music Joint.

Let's also be real.
The vast majority of the attendees come for the headlining bands or more long running bands.

It would be a group of maybe 50 or 75 people who attend who are familiar with TTD.

Not a dis to TTD, just a fact.

So what would be more fun? Seeing them in a packed Music Joint setting, or on the main stage where the room may only be half full?

Why not consider all potential options?

50-75? Don't believe that for an instant. People who come to this festival are fans. connoisseurs, if you will. They'll know TTD.

very true. Right after the fest people were suggesting bands to me...I told all of them to write down and a list and email it to me. Almost all of them and some were people I never thought would be into them even....all had TTD on the list.

True story.

I am sure more than 75 would watch them if they played the main stage.

My point was simply that I dont think having them play the Music Joint would be out of the question, esp if they wouldn't be considered for Main Stage.

Just being honest, I don't think 250 would flock to the music joint if they were playing there.

I think on the Music Joint Stage their show would be more intense because it would be more in your face and people singing along while the mainstage you would have more people just watching and cheering than making it a crazier show. Either or I think this year they need to be here.

I am being very real.
Sorry, I like TTD a lot too (been a fan since I first saw them at the first Alehorn in 06).

Let's also be real.
The vast majority of the attendees come for the headlining bands or more long running bands.

Dude that are just as much, if not more deserving than any of the bands who have played it previously. Well most of them anyway.

I am being very real.

Let's also be real.

It would be a group of maybe 50 or 75 people who attend who are familiar with TTD.

Not a dis to TTD, just a fact.

So what would be more fun? Seeing them in a packed Music Joint setting, or on the main stage where the room may only be half full?

Why not consider all potential options?

Why would you assume the main stage would empty for TTD? The main room was packed for almost all of the bands this year. You think Axxion brought 400+ people just for them?

Even if people somehow didn't know them (unlikely given this crowd), their performance ought to win over any skeptics.

Arent TOO big for the music joint? You're kidding, right? theyve been around almost 20 years and are currently signed to one of the most popular real metal record labels around and consistently receive rave reviews. I think they are way more deserving to be on a good slot time on the mainstage.

Scott is interested and would be willing to come, he just hasnt been asked about TTD apparently..

Jason, I swear sometimes you argue just to argue. Even if what you said was true, that they only bring in 75, that's a good amount to be considered on the main stage as at least a lower tiered band. I bet you'd be surprised how many people know of them though.

Why would you assume the main stage would empty for TTD? The main room was packed for almost all of the bands this year. You think Axxion brought 400+ people just for them?

Even if people somehow didn't know them (unlikely given this crowd), their performance ought to win over any skeptics.

exactly....none of the middle bands or early bands would pull 400 but those bands who got the big crowds did it by putting on a great show and playing great music. TTD would do this as well. I think they deserve the crowd finally after all these years.

How am I being argumentative?????????????

It has been stated that Mike isn't interested in them for mainstage.
Instead of fighting a dead issue, why not look at the alternative of having them on the second stage?

Of course many would watch them on the mainstage.

My point is simply that the Music Joint is big enough to hold the crowd who would be interested in going over there to watch them if they played.

What is the issue here??

Jason from what I have understood you have been wrong about all your assumptions with this fest and the bands who play.
I think TTD would do fine.

Examples please????????????

I can also talk behind people's back and spew out what others around here have said about this festival, bands, promoters, etc.......

How am I being argumentative?????????????

It has been stated that Mike isn't interested in them for mainstage.
Instead of fighting a dead issue, why not look at the alternative of having them on the second stage?

Of course many would watch them on the mainstage.

My point is simply that the Music Joint is big enough to hold the crowd who would be interested in going over there to watch them if they played.

What is the issue here??

I think it would be an insult to TTD to have them on the side stage honestly.