Ragnarokkr 2015 - Second Stage : Walpyrgus

Examples please????????????

I can also talk behind people's back and spew out what others around here have said about this festival, bands, promoters, etc.......

Did you carry on about the fantastic idea that was Gates of Slumber?
"I can also talk behind people's back and spew out what others around here have said about this festival, bands, promoters, etc......." Have no idea how that comes into play but ok...

Unless you bill the side stage as it's own show where you have headliners (playing before the main stage headliners). This would be similar to the way it was done in 2013 where there were new bands then Borrowed Time/Winterhawk play to a packed room. Either band certainly could have given the main stage a good run for a packed crowd. And the great thing is both bands played their hearts out and gave a great performance. No need for egos here.

Unless you bill the side stage as it's own show where you have headliners (playing before the main stage headliners). This would be similar to the way it was done in 2013 where there were new bands then Borrowed Time/Winterhawk play to a packed room. Either band certainly could have given the main stage a good run for a packed crowd. And the great thing is both bands played their hearts out and gave a great performance. No need for egos here.

Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!
Exactly!

History has proven that playing the Music Joint can be a lot more magical for any band (older or newer) as it is more in your face and personal.

Seax played the main stage in 2013 and immediately wanted to come back and play the Music Joint.

Don't see at all how suggesting TTD for this stage is an insult.

Did you carry on about the fantastic idea that was Gates of Slumber?
"I can also talk behind people's back and spew out what others around here have said about this festival, bands, promoters, etc......." Have no idea how that comes into play but ok...

Well, you started with "from what I heard" which means obviously someone was talking to you about things I said......

Gates was a great idea. Not sure if you are familiar with all the circumstances surrounding how they ended up on the bill. Bottom line is a band was needed with what, barely three weeks to go before the fest? I know they don't appeal to everyone, but whether you like them or not they are an internationally known doom band who have played some of the biggest festivals worldwide. More importantly, they were secured for a hell of a lot less money than some local bands have asked for.

Well, you started with "from what I heard" which means obviously someone was talking to you about things I said......

Gates was a great idea. Not sure if you are familiar with all the circumstances surrounding how they ended up on the bill. Bottom line is a band was needed with what, barely three weeks to go before the fest? I know they don't appeal to everyone, but whether you like them or not they are an internationally known doom band who have played some of the biggest festivals worldwide. More importantly, they were secured for a hell of a lot less money than some local bands have asked for.

It was way more than 3 weeks actually..it was about a month and a half...I know this because it was a few weeks before mike was going to order the vinyl posters and he was waiting on the logo for it from them. He waits to the last minute usually to make sure no one else drops out. While it was a name act, it was one no one really cared about sadly.

So it wasn't a last minute save there Rudy!

It was way more than 3 weeks actually..it was about a month and a half...I know this because it was a few weeks before mike was going to order the vinyl posters and he was waiting on the logo for it from them. He waits to the last minute usually to make sure no one else drops out. While it was a name act, it was one no one really cared about sadly.

So it wasn't a last minute save there Rudy!

Nope,
It was April 7.
We have been through this already, multiple times.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...r-replace-split-heaven-ragnarokkr-2013-a.html

Furthermore, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that a LOT of money (and I mean a LOT) was saved as a result of this solution.

Let's be honest. You placed Borrowed Time against Gates, because, well, your own personal reasons. So of course a lot of the crowd was going to go next door.

Nope,
It was April 7.
We have been through this already, multiple times.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...r-replace-split-heaven-ragnarokkr-2013-a.html

Furthermore, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that a LOT of money (and I mean a LOT) was saved as a result of this solution.

Let's be honest. You placed Borrowed Time against Gates, because, well, your own personal reasons. So of course a lot of the crowd was going to go next door.

HAHAHAHA A lot of money? really? what color flying horses live in your world? say hello to the elves for me as well. Literally any old band could have been added...it worked out you had an in with Gates so he was able to add a "name" act.

Don't forget...it wasn't announced that same day...there was some time between as well.

Also the line up was already set so I was not able to move set times around to go against Gates. It was basically up to the fans to see who they thought was the better band to see live. It is that way with every band actually.

Jason, I like Gates of Slumber, but I don't think they were a great fit for the fest. I think doom can work, but their style not so much. Additionally, those who would be interested skipped them, like Lee, because they were already going to be playing dotd. They also are a band that used to be on a ton of tours. Another reason for people to avoid them. I felt bad for them, but it really was one of those things where everything was working against them.

Like Bob said, any band could have been placed in that position.

The only thing that I was arguing about was that TTD would attract a bigger crowd than Jason has initially estimated. I don't think it'd be an insult to put TTD on the second stage, but it'd be an insult to make them pay for it.

If they were put in a Winterhawk situation, I would be okay with it, though I still would prefer them being on the mainstage. Like you say Jeff, I really don't think they should have to pay for it.

Once again, all I am saying is that it's an option if they would NOT be considered for the main stage. They are of course extremely worthy of playing the big stage.

Bob - yes, many bands could have been put in that situation. How could you say that lots of $$$ was not saved?? You do recall who they replaced right? No, they were not a home run for the fest, but it was still a nice name to have on the festival with short notice.

Simon - yep, no doubt that some may have skipped it since they were doing DOTD. Once again though, it was still a name band that was close enough to come for practically gas $$$$

Jason I am and was then familiar with them, Like them, had seen them, and talked to them several times, um I even believed there is a few albums downstairs too, that is sorta why I felt they were the wrong kind of doom band for this fest.
And internationally known, what knows that even mean these days?:lol: Every band sells internationally. Ok but being "international known" help out there performance at the fest or even the festival? They just were the wrong type of doom band for the bill; in the middle of their set I remember wondering what was going on has I was noticing that not very many people were around upstairs, looking over not many downstairs either. There was this odd feeling in the air, similar to when you are at a show and you are waiting through change over time but it is taking longer than it should.Oh well it has happened and over now.

LOL - Why is everyone taking TGOS appearing out on me???

It is Mike's fest. If he had another option that he thought was better he could have and would have gone for it.

I only made the suggestion and initially contacted the band.

It is Mike's fest. If he had another option that he thought was better he could have and would have gone for it.

Because someone conviences him that these are good ideas?:lol: Didn't someone suggest Crowhaven to him as well? Good guys, really nice guys but...

Dude, make up your mind. One minute you say how you saved Odin a ton of money. The next, you are pissed that people are taking it out on you.

I don't think it honestly hurt the fest any. There were not many people watching them, but at that point, no band in that slot was going to.

WHAT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

you are literally insane.

You just have been posting about how you did this and that and saved the fest money for getting Gates...now you are wondering why everyone is commenting at you? Mike got Gates because you said they were ready and that you had people who were going to help cover the cost...money he is still to this day waiting for actually.