Rainbow, Sabbath, Dio.... can this man do no wrong?!!

T.I.E. said:
because it's CRAP :loco:

Speak for thyself :err: , after "Heaven And Hell" (best album ever in history) it's Black Sabbath best album (Dio era). I remember when it came out I was not only stroke by the cover but I couldn't believe at the time the potency of the album.

I was so crossing my fingers dreaming for more albums to come, but sadly was a D.O.A. In anycase 'Computer God', 'TV Crimes', 'Time Machine', 'Letters From Earth' are astounding songs in a most heavy album.

Thanks to Thorngren from bringing out the desrved attention on this gem.

Hawk said:
T.I.E.

I know you're don't mean this in an bad way but please read our rules on hit and run comments here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192052

Remember that the music we like is our personal choice and that we try to respect that choice of others in this forum.

ok....maybe I should have said I thought it was the crappier BS album I heard.... but that doesn't change that I've tried it several times only to feel more bored with every listen... Imo, RJ made the same mistake re-joining the Sab than Gillan a few years ago (Born Again is equally crappy imo)

sorry if I was out of rules but it was clear to me every opinion was... well, just an opinion... I'll try to be more cautious in the future though :D

T.I.E. said:
ok....maybe I should have said I thought it was the crappier BS album I heard.... but that doesn't change that I've tried it several times only to feel more bored with every listen... Imo, RJ made the same mistake re-joining the Sab than Gillan a few years ago (Born Again is equally crappy imo)

sorry if I was out of rules but it was clear to me every opinion was... well, just an opinion... I'll try to be more cautious in the future though :D

No harm done :wave: :)

Dio-era Rainbow=GREAT.

Dio-era Sabbath=some of the best music ever produced

Dio=just ok, has some some genius moments, but overall a tad inconsistant, especially compared to past greatness.

The thoughts and opinions of Wicked Child are not nessessarily those of anyone else in the UMOS forums.

Dehumanizer seems underrated IMO. By the way anyone got the japanese version of Dio's Inferno live album? The bonus material are 2 live renditions off Dehumanizer ("I" & "After All") and they crush! It fits perfectly Tracy G's guitar playing.

Talking about underrated records... is there anyone with me on Strange Highways? :) It's like a sequel to Dehumanizer and not really a Dio record so I can understand why so many people hate it, but it has grown on me a lot with time.

Fangface said:
Dehumanizer seems underrated IMO.
Talking about underrated records... is there anyone with me on Strange Highways? :) It's like a sequel to Dehumanizer and not really a Dio record so I can understand why so many people hate it, but it has grown on me a lot with time.

Indeed it is. SH is a GREAT, heavy-modern record. I LOVE Jesus,mary and the holy ghost! It really is a continuation of sorts of Dehumanizer.

Also great - but sorely under-rated - is Angry Machines! That album slays!
Oddly enough, his Magica record lacks....magic. Too much dead-end, dull filler, IMO.

Wicked Child said:
The thoughts and opinions of Wicked Child are not nessessarily those of anyone else in the UMOS forums.

n035.gif

Not to be mean or anything, but Dehumanizer is a bad Sabbath album, among Paranoid and Technical Ecstacy. It's not really heavy or good, just a loud old school metal rehash.

Now, HH and Mob Rules I like. The doom tracks on both of the albums are beyond excellent.