Rainbow

Jul 8, 2003
Clovis, CA
Visit site
Any Rainbow fans here? What is your favorite album, and top 10 songs?

My favorite album is Long Live Rock n Roll, and my top 10 songs are:

1. Catch the Rainbow
2. Stargazer
3. Lady of the Lake
4. Temple of the King
5. Tarot Woman
6. Kill the King
7. The Shed (Subtle)
8. Still I'm Sad
9. Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
10. Gates of Babylon

P.S. I don't know if they are metal or not. I don't personally thinks so, but I've seen them called metal by multiple sources, so whatever. :p

Yes, I too am a Rainbow fan. My fave album is Rainbow Rising which also gets my vote for one of the coolest album covers of all time. I'm basically a fan of all things Blackmore related from Purple to Rainbow and yes, even Blackmore's Night. There's a couple of songs in the Blackmore's Night CDs that sound very Rainbow-esque. :D

Yep, another Rainbow fan here......got the first album when I was 16, and just loved it - it was my first contact with Dio as well.
My favourite album is 'Long live Rock'n'Roll'........

I too, like them a bit more than Deep Purple.

I can't tell which is my fave, maybe the first one... and the Dio era over the 80's era.

My top 10 would be :

Stargazer (pure magic)
Gates of Babylon (Blackmore rules at exoctic songs)
Long Live Rock 'n Roll
Man on the Silver Mountain
Catch the Rainbow (best 70's ballad...)
Starstruck (underrated song)
Temple of the King
A Light in the Black (first double bass drumming in Metal?)
Still I'm Sad
Kill the King

My favorite band from the 70's that's for sure!

Rainbow `kin rules!
I even like some of the Joe Lynn Turner stuff, but it doesn't come close to the Dio era. I can't pick a fave album, so I'll just list my top 10 :

1) Tarot Woman
2) The Temple Of The King
3) Gates Of Babylon
4) Stargazer
5) Starstruck
6) Self Portrait
7) Catch The Rainbow
8) Still I'm Sad - live version
9) Kill The King
10) 16th Century Greensleeves

I'm with desert_demon, I love everything Blackmore's done.
I wish Blackmore's Night would `kin tour the States!

sixxswine said:
I really like "Since You've been Gone."
Mainly cos' I really liked Graham Bonnet's singing.
Rainbow overall was pretty good.
Liked them a hell of a lot better than Purple.

I respect Bonnett but never was a big fan of his vocals. Love Ronnie and love Turner (with Yngwie more than Rainbow) though. I do like "Stone Cold" though. I think it might be my fav "Rainbow" tune.

Bryant

Well, Dio is my favorite singer of all time, so I'm a huge fan of Dio era Rainbow!

Favorite album-Rainbow Rising

Top 10:

1. Stargazer
2. Temple Of The King
3. Catch The Rainbow
4. Gates Of Babylon
5. Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
6. Light In The Black (I read an interview with Dio where he said he hates this one...Why?!?!?!)
7. Self Portrait
8. Man On The Silver Mountain
9. Tarot Woman
10. Run With The Wolf

Triumphant Apostle said:
Well, Dio is my favorite singer of all time, so I'm a huge fan of Dio era Rainbow!

Favorite album-Rainbow Rising

Top 10:

1. Stargazer
2. Temple Of The King
3. Catch The Rainbow
4. Gates Of Babylon
5. Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
6. Light In The Black (I read an interview with Dio where he said he hates this one...Why?!?!?!)
7. Self Portrait
8. Man On The Silver Mountain
9. Tarot Woman
10. Run With The Wolf

Killer lists you guys!
I highly suggest you go see Dio w/ Maiden on this currect tour, as they do a `kin brilliant version of Stargazer. Definitely the highlight of his entire set!

Cheers!

20 Eyes said:
Killer lists you guys!
I highly suggest you go see Dio w/ Maiden on this currect tour, as they do a `kin brilliant version of Stargazer. Definitely the highlight of his entire set!

Cheers!

That makes me even more pissed off that the closest they're coming to me is 500 miles away! If I didn't have so many shows going on this summer, my wife and I would probably drive to Illinois to see them.

Triumphant Apostle said:
That makes me even more pissed off that the closest they're coming to me is 500 miles away! If I didn't have so many shows going on this summer, my wife and I would probably drive to Illinois to see them.

Damn, sorry about that. :(

Rainbow fucking rock! It's amazing what just three albums can do for a band. I don't like the post-Dio stuff toomuch, a bit poppy for my liking, but I do really like Lost In Hollywood and Jealous Lover.

I always say this, and I'll say it again: Ronnie James Dio has the voice of an angel. If he wasn't so ugly I'd turn him into a pin-up icon! :D :p

Ayeka said:
Rainbow fucking rock! It's amazing what just three albums can do for a band. I don't like the post-Dio stuff toomuch, a bit poppy for my liking, but I do really like Lost In Hollywood and Jealous Lover.

I always say this, and I'll say it again: Ronnie James Dio has the voice of an angel. If he wasn't so ugly I'd turn him into a pin-up icon! :D :p

I just listened to the 3 Dio Rainbow albums today (since I saw Dio last night)

I used to really love these albums years ago... but I must admit... they do little for me now... guess I'm in a different place now. Dio does have a great voice... but I just can't listen to his music anymore.

ProgMetalFan said:
I just listened to the 3 Dio Rainbow albums today (since I saw Dio last night)

I used to really love these albums years ago... but I must admit... they do little for me now... guess I'm in a different place now. Dio does have a great voice... but I just can't listen to his music anymore.

The Rainbow material does sound "dated" now, but Dio still has the vocal ability. Unlike Ozzy, Dio's voice has appeared to age at all. Dio also to my knowledge hasn't had his life turned upside down by substance abuse like the Ozzman....
Proof that drugs do take their toll....