Randall ISO cab clip!

Another ISO cab route? Bummer you're in CA. I think the other guitarist wants one now...

I'm going to install another mic support, I want to try a ribbon in there with the 906. May try some 703 vs. auralex. New randall iso cabs don't have that port, i'll probably close that up today and see how that sounds....

Yeah, shipping would be insane, probably $80-100. Not another iso route, looking into getting a Kemper.

Raws? There is zero post processing...do you mean just the solo guitar tracks?

I don't know if some of the overpriced aurelex I put there is doing anything to it. I took some low mids (~250hz) and 500hz (-3 db ea) with a my Ashley PQX571 para eq after the pre amp.

I tried my solaris which sounds like your typical LCD with a 57 high mid hump and that sucked. I'm going with it's the 906 doing the work here....

Ah. I'm sure that all of that is contributing to the situation. Taking out some 250 and some 500 makes a lot of sense, especially the 250 - did you use a wide Q or a narrow one on those? I'm trying to figure out how much has to do with this auralex foam and the how much is EQ... As I mentioned, this is the only clip I've heard that doesn't sound boxy.

Edit: No i meant raws, as in unprocessed. But since there is none, then please, the guitar tracks if you dont mind.

:) Thanks

Ah. I'm sure that all of that is contributing to the situation. Taking out some 250 and some 500 makes a lot of sense, especially the 250 - did you use a wide Q or a narrow one on those? I'm trying to figure out how much has to do with this auralex foam and the how much is EQ... As I mentioned, this is the only clip I've heard that doesn't sound boxy.

Edit: No i meant raws, as in unprocessed. But since there is none, then please, the guitar tracks if you dont mind.

250 is rather narrow (3/4oclock) and 500 is wider around 9oclock

I'm not sure if the auralex is doing anything, I've never done any A/B tests.

I'm currently making a mic mount like grossman iso cab but slightly more adjustable. Hopefully I can have two of those in there by next week.

Another thing I'm going to try is a gt75 in there...

I still want a GP-1000 :D

Kickass tone dude.

Thanks! I'm trying to pick up a 3rd one! 2 for touring and one stays at the home studio.

Solo guitars

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42168306/EGGSTORM_gtrs.mp3

I really like when I've got a high shelf @ 5khz, -2db. Smooths things out quite a bit!

All from them from Hatebreeder on, actually. The only CoB album not featuring that preamp is Something Wild.

Badass tone, Jon! Definitely gotta get a ribbon in there for the beef!

a.jpg