randall

I'm quite interested in the G2 head. Is the 100 watt head paired with 4x12 cab with vintage 30's loud enough for rehearsing and gigging with a band? I know that 100w ss is quieter than a 100w tube amp. I could try to compare both the 100w and 200w G2 in a store, but without a band it would be really hard to decide if the extra wattage is useful. I'm not the kind of guy that wants to be louder than everyone else and puts the volume on 11 by default. I'm just talking loud enough so that everything can be heard when the drummer is producing a substantial amount of dB.

If anyone would care to share his thoughts on this I would really appreciate it.

edit: typo

I wanted to buy the 100watt version, but it was sold out so I bought the 200watt version.
Afterwards I was quite happy about this. When comparing amps while recording I have to crank the Randall to 75% to get the volume I am used to with my tube amps. I paid exactly 100.-€ more for the 200watt version and would suggest you to do so also.
Or you just wait for the new generation and buy the allnew 150watt.

just to get it out there... a 200w amp is not that much louder than a 100w one... to double the volume, you would need a 1000w amp... that being said, one of my bandmates has a 100w Randall and it's perfectly fine, actually more than enough (volume wise) for both rehearsals and live...