random thoughts of the day

I avoid medication where possible. Might ask my doctor about it though next time i'm home.

I do too.. but it's a herb so it doesn't count! (obviously I study herbal medicine haha) *quack* Nothing the doctor gives you could ever help in the long term, only make the problem worse. Atleast if it is severe you could try something herbal which is less likely to harm you and be addictive.

Tried valerian? It works on some people.. I take three and I sleep all night.

Vallergan is what it's called over here.
Zopiclone can also be an alternative..but I would only use it if you REALLY need it. It's nothing you want to get used to using. It will only make your sleep worse in the long run.

Circadin is "newcomer" which stimulates your melatonin levels in your brain and is only needs to be used for 2 weeks. It's mainly used for older people, but I have friends who have very good results from these (who are rather young..late 20ties).

Vallergan is the only one of these you can get without talking to your doctor first though..in most countries.

I just thought I'd post this since so many people suffer from sleeping disorders.

Tv in the bedroom is not good for sleep.
You can work out just before sleeping..that's more a myth than anything else. but for some it might hold some truth. Either way, taking a run some hours before sleeping might be the best to be on the safe side. Physical activity will always the best for oh so many things in the long run.

So yeah...it's just something to ponder on.

Vallergan is what it's called over here.
Zopiclone can also be an alternative..but I would only use it if you REALLY need it. It's nothing you want to get used to using. It will only make your sleep worse in the long run.

Circadin is "newcomer" which stimulates your melatonin levels in your brain and is only needs to be used for 2 weeks. It's mainly used for older people, but I have friends who have very good results from these (who are rather young..late 20ties).

Vallergan is the only one of these you can get without talking to your doctor first though..in most countries.

I just thought I'd post this since so many people suffer from sleeping disorders.

Tv in the bedroom is not good for sleep.
You can work out just before sleeping..that's more a myth than anything else. but for some it might hold some truth. Either way, taking a run some hours before sleeping might be the best to be on the safe side. Physical activity will always the best for oh so many things in the long run.

So yeah...it's just something to ponder on.

:)

Plants are good remedies, I take that too; I wish that this one works on you poor tired Lord Byron!

Plants are good remedies, I take that too; I wish that this one works on you poor tired Lord Byron!

Hopefully it will. I tried taking a nap earlier this evening to try and get some rest, even for an hour, but I couldn't even get that far.

its been raining all day, i love rainy days

there is a train yard a quarter mile or so from my house, i have the pleasure of hearing lots of train whistles, they are very moody and lonely sounding :)