Rapucore Mix Practice #1: Thrash Metal - A Burning Wreck (multitracks inside!)

Sounds pretty good! :) Maybe too much reverb on the rhythm guitars (?) and the mix is a bit harsh on the high mids / highs, but otherwise it's pretty good. Welcome to the forums! :headbang:

Nice man! :kickass: Great mix! Just one question, why did you leave the dives from the intro and the tapping leads after the first riff off? :lol:

Cheers both of you guys!

i did not...have to check this :) fuck haha

I did it so fast that i forgot the track had solos hahahaha
i think it sounds better without it lol

Toms aren't very audible and you could've spread the cymbals a bit! But overall it's good :headbang:
I do miss the leads though :lol:

Thanks for your mix! :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
ok fixed that :) i did not reamp whole track, and i did not see that there is guitar. Also some minor changes on main guitars and bass

https://soundcloud.com/deadlightstudio/a-burning-wreck

did drums myself with SSD on this because i missed room mics. Main guitars i "Lasse Mean Bastard" (modded JCM800 with TS), Leads & Solo is "Lasse Liquid Leads" (Soldano with TS), Cleans is "Sultan" (old vintage Reinhardt Sultan) stock profile.
Bass is a Eden profile

Killer mixes guys! :headbang:
More songs coming soon! Progressive Metal is the next one, it's coming next week. :kickass:

Hi,
My try ;)
All guitars Kemper and my profiles.

Rhythm guitars: JCM2000&Krank Rev
Lead&solo: Peavey 5150
Clean Guitars: Laboga Alligator [SinMix Rock Pack]
Drums: MM kick TMF

Stay Metal!

Sounds pretty good! :) Maybe too much reverb on the rhythm guitars (?) and the mix is a bit harsh on the high mids / highs, but otherwise it's pretty good. Welcome to the forums! :headbang:

Nice man! :kickass: Great mix! Just one question, why did you leave the dives from the intro and the tapping leads after the first riff off? :lol:

Cheers both of you guys!

Thanks man, I'm still pretty new to mixing. I used slight reverb on the mix buss, but I think it was probably a bad idea!

Here's a quick mix that I've done, some things probably need tweaking but here it is anyway. Let me know what you guys think. :kickass:

Hello everyone! I tried mixing with a totaly unknown method to me so far: Nebula 3 Free version. It is quite possible that the mix has a lot of things to improve, so your opinion would help me a lot. Cheers!

https://db.tt/pAG11zSr

sinquestsound: Killer mix! I escpecially love the old school snare and the clean tones! :headbang:
WoodenCube: You have a huge frequency buildup at around 600-1000hz zone, makes it sound somewhat odd. :D Also some buildup around 100-150hz, and the bass guitar could be a bit more audible! Clean gtrs did rule though. :)
otero1st: The cymbals are a bit overpowering, the hihat especially. Snare could use a bit more body too. But otherwise a great mix! :kickass:

sinquestsound: Killer mix! I escpecially love the old school snare and the clean tones! :headbang:
WoodenCube: You have a huge frequency buildup at around 600-1000hz zone, makes it sound somewhat odd. :D Also some buildup around 100-150hz, and the bass guitar could be a bit more audible! Clean gtrs did rule though. :)
otero1st: The cymbals are a bit overpowering, the hihat especially. Snare could use a bit more body too. But otherwise a great mix! :kickass:

Changed it right after you heard it... damn... would you be so kind? :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7752833/Thrash Metal.mp3

Will there be other mixing sessions of you?

Will there be other mixing sessions of you?

Yes there will, here's a quote of the thread where I announced this:

Hey guys! :headbang:

I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I've decided to begin giving frequent mixing practices for you.
Kind of as a thank you for everything I've learned / obtained / gained from this forum from its magnificent mixing practices, samples, IR's, plugins etc. :kickass:
I'd like to do at least a song/month, but there will possibly be more if I have time (I'll try to dedicate a considerable amount of time for this). :)

Thx man! Killer song thats all! Cant wait for next ;)
Stay Metal!

Thanks for the tracks, i'll be keeping an eye out for your gifts. Great playing.

I grew up on stuff like this (yes i'm that old).