Rarest cd you purchased from a record store.

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
We all know that you can't find much at record stores regarding bands that are on smaller labels. So what is your all-time "holy shit I can't believe they have this" purchase? Last week I found a new copy of Weakling "Dead as Dreams". And yesterday I went on another hunt for bands that are hard to find even by the end, redstream, metaldisc, and amazonian standard. I found a whole pile of used solitude aeturnus :Spin: The prize gem being "Beyond the Crimson Horizon". But in a moment of greed I passed up on it as it was $25 dollars used with a sticker that said "Garunteed to play right, even though surface is scratched". It just didn't feel right to pay that amount of money for a used cd that was scratched! So i passed up, to one day find it again. But nevertheless enough rambling. What's everyone else's rarest store bought treasure?

P.S Both aforementioned events occured at two different amoeba outlets.

Couldn't tell you. I don't have ANY record shops(that are good) around my area. I always find my rare things on ebay. I did find a used copy of "Strength and Honour" by Satanic Warlust in a CD/Video/USED CD store. That's about as rare as I've gotten.

I found the original version of Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" for around $6 and Katatonia "Jhva Elohim Meth" for around $3 some time ago which I thought kicked a fair amount of butt.

But in a moment of greed I passed up on it as it was $25 dollars used with a sticker that said "Garunteed to play right, even though surface is scratched". It just didn't feel right to pay that amount of money for a used cd that was scratched!
"I will not buy this record, it is scratched."

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

The rarest eh? I can't say that I've found anything rediculously rare but maybe Galloglass' Legends From Now and Nevermore. Shows you how long I've been into the "extreme" metal arena doesn't it...

My most recent was finding Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley on vinyl for $15, it seems to be a bit rare.

Sons of Kyuss - s/t for $7.99. This is super rare CD version of the pre-Kyuss band.
Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age split for $7.99
Today is the Day - Willpower for $8.99
V/A - War Comp I for $7.99
dISEMBOWELMENT - Transcendence into the Peripheral for $2.50

Arghoslent Galloping Through Battle Ruins LP
Arghoslent Incorrigible Bigotry
Audiopain The Traumatizer
Beherit/Archgoat Messe Des Morts/Angelcunt
Chasm, The Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph
Clandestine Blaze Fist of The Northern Destroyer
Cranium Speed Metal Sentence
Cranium Speed Metal Slaughter
Devastator Infernal Devastation
Everwinter Final Victory
Grand Belial's Key A Witness To The Regicide
Griffar Of Witches And Celts
Helheim Jormundgand
Incinerator Thrash Attack
Kristallnacht/Blessed In Sin/Seigneur Voland Gathered Under The Banner Of Concilium
Mandator Initial Velocity
Mayhem Dawn Of The Black Hearts
Mutiilation Black Millenium (Grimly Reborn)
Protector Golem
Satanic Warmaster Black Katharsis
Satanic Warmaster Opferblut
Satanic Warmaster Strength And Honour
Seigneur Voland Seigneur Voland
Sin Origin Night Aeternal
Sin Origin/Velonnic Sin Beyond The Cemetery Gates/Daemonized Dreams
Tha-Norr Wolfenzeitalter
Vermeth Your Ruin...
Vio-Lence Eternal Nightmare
Watain Casus Luciferi
Watain Rabid Death's Curse

You tell me what's the rarest. I don't know anything about the availability of any of these items

ShadowOfDeath said:
I've seen Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss for $16 at a store...but I didn't have any money to get it.
Yeah, but it was hardly the original 1994 jewelcase edition, was it? The digipak is not rare at all.

I could've gotten the original jewelcase, but I decided not to since I already hadthe digipack and Burzum is not worth having two of the same thing.

well, i found the boxset of "Virus" (Iron Maiden) under a pile of pop CD for 2,5 euros (!!!!), another time i've found some cool Emperor Picture Discs for about 10 euros, a burzum demo limited to 500 copy on LP (totaly white cover, i don't remember the title) but i didn't take it, because a friend of mine bought it before me... another time i've found some rarity from Death SS (singles, the very rare collection and so on)