Rarest KATATONIA Piece...

hellforlife

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I was just wondering what's YOUR rarest and THE rarest KATATONIA piece according to you ?

According to me my rarest piece is probably the JVA ELOHIM METH demo on blue vinyl...

And the rarest will be SAW YOU DROWN...
(never succeded in finding this one !!! :cry: )

Cheers

well, im not too sure but i think the Katatonia/Primodal split on vinyl i think it is, may be rarer than saw you drown, not sure, and it only has one katatonia song too i think so not that great.
the rarest thing i have is probably Last Fair Deal Gone Down :p :D

i think the split with primordial was limited to 777 copies, whereas the saw you drown ep to 1500. So I would say that the split is more difficult to find...
I don´t know about the Jhva... blue vinyl...

You're forgetting something:

The ORIGINAL DEMO CASSETTE of Jhva Elohim Meth. Much rarer than the Primordial split 10" (which indeed was limited to 777 copies) and definitely rarer than Saw You Drown (limited to 1500, as you know).

Rare stuff I've got:

Red label test press Lp of "Dance of December souls" (I borrowed it from Anders when it was done, and I'm never giving it back haha!)

1st and original recording of "Sounds of decay" (This version never got released, and to this day I think it's better than the one that got out. We re-recorded all three songs as the first recording had some static kinda noises, but I tell you that this recording is so brutal!)

The first original blue tape demo with the lyric sheet.

That should definately top that rarity-list!
Mike

okay it seems Mr Opeth here blasts everyone elses rare stuff out of the water...oh well. anywho i'd like to hear some of those things on mp3...if you could post them to me i'd be happy to put them up on the net for people to share :p

Originally posted by _Transparent_
yes, i too would be laughing if somoene gave a translation...:rolleyes:

i think the translation is: my left leg for your katatonia collection!
right?