Rate Godspeed Tracks

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
Just curious as to how you all are enjoying GODSPEED. I know that a lot of great comments have been coming through on other threads and in the PP forum but of course for me there can never be enough SYMPHORCE talk :Spin:

Forsight intro no need to rate
Everlasting Life
No Shelter
Nowhere
Haunting
Black Water
Wounds Will Last Within
Your Cold Embrace
Without A Trace
The Mirrored Room
Crawling Walls For You

I am at work now and supposed to be working so I will post later! Thanks

Forsight
Everlasting Life -- 8
No Shelter -- 7
Nowhere -- 9
Haunting -- 7
Black Water -- 10
Wounds Will Last Within -- 8
Your Cold Embrace -- 7
Without A Trace -- 6.5
The Mirrored Room -- 9.99999
Crawling Walls For You -- 10

The solo on Crawling is reminiscent of the power of the solo on Tesla's Love Song.

Black Water kicks my ass every time I listen to it.

Nowhere's hook has got me hooked. That track dances in my head all day long. People look at you funny when you accidently let "WHY!" slip out loud. :D Trust me on that. Yes, it's happened. Fortunately it was only my wife.

I haven't stopped playing the disc front to back since I got it.

Forsight and Crawling bookend the disc perfectly, IMO.

ah, good idea kitty!

Everlasting Life -- 7
No Shelter -- 6
Nowhere -- 9.5
Haunting -- 7.5
Black Water -- 10
Wounds Will Last Within -- 8
Your Cold Embrace -- 7.5
Without A Trace -- 7
The Mirrored Room -- 9.99999 (right on wheezer)
Crawling Walls For You -- 10

intro - I always enjoy a mellow acoustic riff

Everlasting Life- 7 good opener not too much too soon, I like the ending

No Shelter-6 i'm impartial to this one sometimes I'm into it..sometimes not

Nowhere- 10 excellent first release choice loving it! pssst Wheez..... WHY!

Haunting- 8 :Shedevil:

Black Water - 10 floored absofuckinlutely floored
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Wounds will last within - 9 I have a new fave drummer....... Tag Sascha you're It!! Neckbreaking, great 'kin mosh tune! :hotjump:

Your Cold Embrace- 8 really enjoy the effects used on guitars, a deep and brooding Andy

Without a Trace- 7 song really has a lot going on it's growing on me

The Mirrored Room- 9 :worship: luuuuuuv the slide kickass opening. are those whales in the background?!?! or a guitar effect? awesome!

Crawling walls for you - 10 a girls got to have her ballads :cry:

As usual you guys have kicked my ass again! Going into the top 3 for sure! Cede and Markus work so 'kin great together I really enjoy the effects used and diff stylings of shredding and solo's! Sascha.........dude... :yow: you just amaze me! You and the Ice Monster are gonna make me snap my neck one day! :kickass: Andy's sounding great! but of course!!! Whew! I am in awe of your stage presence....
:worship: You guys are all Top Notch gentleman! :worship:

A very solid listen from start to finish. Well put together, packaged, produced, quality all great!

I was a bit disappointed not to hear any background vocals from the other guys and would have like to hear a bit of harmonizing vox or chorus. A very versitle listen as not one track on there could really describe your sound! You all give your nuances to the music and make it your own. Don't ever stop!! :worship:

kittybeast said:
THE question is..... how does the little one like it?!:D

The stereo is broken in my jeep, so I can't play it for her on the way to pre-school / work. She had some good air guitar work going last night though - I'll have to play that song and see how much she improves! :D

Force10 said:
The stereo is broken in my jeep, so I can't play it for her on the way to pre-school / work. She had some good air guitar work going last night though - I'll have to play that song and see how much she improves! :D

Good poppa!! :D

JonnyD said:
I still need some time to fully rate the tracks! .... Though Everlasting life ranks very high with me right now :D I will post more accurate impressions in a week or so

Since you posted this on September 25 I guess we're now into the "or so" time frame. :D Come on man! Get with it!

kittybeast said:
Crack that whip!! JD musta got lost at the Manticora site :loco:

:lol: hahaha Your Right I did! I have been on a major Manticora Kick since Progpower, I even went out and Bought the Book "Hyperion" that they Based the album of the Same name on .... Though Thats not to say I havnt been listening to Symphorce Cause I have! Even Made the Ultimate Greatest 2 Cd Symphorce Best Of Compilation! with Excelent Songs from Every Album! 26 to be exzact! :D :headbang:

Wheezer said:
Since you posted this on September 25 I guess we're now into the "or so" time frame. :D Come on man! Get with it!

:D hahaha I was wondering when someone would catch on to that! No Worries I will have my rankings up in a Half Hour!

EDIT: ok so it was 23 and a Half hours :loco:

JonnyD said:
:D hahaha I was wondering when someone would catch on to that! No Worries I will have my rankings up in a Half Hour!

I read that statement this morning at 7:08 am it's now 12:48 am...shall we commence with the C&B torture to motivate you?:zombie: OUCH!

ok Here it is!

Forsight
Everlasting Life - 10
No Shelter - 9
Nowhere - 8 ... Tis my least Favorite ... yeah its catchy ... but just not my favorite
Haunting - 10
Black Water - 10 ... I love how Haunting goes into Black Water
Wounds Will Last Within - 10 .. ASSKICKER!!! Love this song!
Your Cold Embrace - 8
Without A Trace - 10 ... Love that Erie little Guitar thing in the Chorus
The Mirrored Room - 8 ... That slide thing irratetes the shit out of me :lol: Great song otherwise
Crawling Walls For You - 10 ... I absolutely Love A.B. Frank Ballads!!! What a voice! so much emotion ... almost enough to bring a tear to a tough guys eye :loco: seriously though its a great lil tune!

All in all I love this album!!! I do like Twice Second abit better ... but thats prolly because it was my first Symphorce album ... I'm still not absolutely in Love with "Nowhere" There is just something about it that doesnt do it for me ... Great Chorus though! "Tell me Why" "WHY!".... :D Big Congrats to all the guys for making a great album! ... :loco:There! No C&B for Me!

EDIT: Changed my Ranking for "Nowhere" ... Just listenined to it and Realised I really like it hahaha Figures!