Rate Godspeed Tracks

kittybeast said:
great rating! you don't like the slide guitar? eh, to each his own. It's a really, really, really great album! Now I want to hear more tracks from it LIVE!

I'm not a big fan slide guitar stuff in general Just not my thing hahaha Though I do really like the song its apart of :D

JonnyD said:
:lol: Look at my post in the Bad Band Names thread on the Old School Board ... that should explain it abit hahaha

:D Yeah, I saw it over there. But I still don't really know what it is. I know Google is my friend and I could find out but I'm thinkin' that's one portion of my well-rounded education that will have to lack a bit. ;)

Wheezer said:
:D Yeah, I saw it over there. But I still don't really know what it is. I know Google is my friend and I could find out but I'm thinkin' that's one portion of my well-rounded education that will have to lack a bit. ;)

hahahaha To Bad your gonna learn now!

I dont really know much about the Band "Cock and Ball Torture" But I do believe they are some kind of Grindcore type band Like "Anal Cunt" or "Anal Blast" From what I can tell most of theyre songs dont last very long 10 to 30 seconds and they have like 45 tracks per album ... one of those bands! I cant tell you what they actually sound like because I didnt bother to try em out the Band name and song titles were enough to convince me :D

Just bumping up this thread, I hope you don't mind :loco:

Everlasting Life - 9, typical killer Symphorce song, HEADBANGUING TIME!
No Shelter - 6, I don't like the verses at all, the first main riff is a monster though, ok chorus
Nowhere - 9, catchy as fuck yeah, great melancholic vibe
Haunting - 8,5, awesome transition riff in the middle, great chorus, atmosphere and cool drum parts too
Black Water - 5, I like some parts of the song but hate others...
Wounds Will Last Within - 9, now that's how I like it :D good mix of speed and groovy sections
Your Cold Embrace - 6, not bad but I'm not too much into that one
Without a Trace - 7,5, menacing song, once again killer transition riffs and leads
The Mirrored Room - 8, hehe gotta love that slide guitar and the crushing rythm that follows
Crawling Walls for You - 9, beautiful ballad especially vocal-wise, very nice solo in the end (just like on "Cry on my Shoulder")

The only thing missing is a Cock and Ball Torture cover. Well, maybe not.

Seriously, I don't know whether it's gonna be my favorite Symphorce, I think I'm still a little bit more into Twice Second when it comes to songwriting, but Godspeed has a better production and also improved drumming IMO.

I would have a hell of a time rating them all but here I'll put them in order from most favorite to least:

01. The Mirrored Room
02. Wounds Will Last Within
03. Black Water
04. Haunting
05. Your Cold Embrace
06. Everlasting Life
07. Nowhere
08. No Shelter
09. Without a Trace
10. Crawling Walls for You

I had to put Crawling Walls for You last because I'm rarely in the mood for the ballad-type song... sorry? Haha.

Great fucking album.

Gonna do as M. Mike and just put them in the-best-order:

1. Everlasting Life
2. Wounds Will Last Within
3. Your Cold Embrace
4. The Mirrored Room
5. Haunting
6. Without A Trace
7. Nowhere
8. No Shelter
9. Crawling Walls For You
10. Black Water