Rate my mixes (in progress)

M. Productions

New Metal Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hey guyz,

Just finished the final mixes.
Had some trouble making the vocals sit in the mix, because we mixed them on another system, so I only had one stereo track.
Check and compare with previous mixes on Souncloud (Riff 18 and 21).

I'll be posting some stems soon GunnarVE!

And please like our facebook page www.facebook.com/visceraseyes

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just my personal taste, but I feel that on both tracks the the vocals could be brought down a little bit. The guitar tone is killer though. Awesome work!

Guitars and drums sound great. The vocals sound a little too distant and spacy to me. Maybe a different verb on the vocals or just less reverb in general. I want the vocals to punch me in the face rather than sit back and blend with the guitars. But, man do those guitars and drums sound sick. Sorry for not being more technical. Have a good one!

I'll just rate everything out of ten . .

Guitars: 8
Drums: 10
Vocals: 7
Overall: 8

The guitars, while they fit good in the mix, just sounded a little "robotic", I guess, to my ears. The drums, on the other hand, were fantastic. However, the vocals were just a little high in the mix for me and seemed to distract from the mix rather than add to it. I also want to add that I think the effects interlaced in the songs were really cool. Overall, I really enjoyed both songs and I think that with some tweaking they could sound amazing. :headbang:

I think it sounds good, but there's a looooooot of bass.

By the way, is this your own song? If so, I'd LOVE stems.