Rate Your Hauls Here

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
Surprised this hasn't been done yet, but here we go. I'm going to do this in sections so I can pad my post count and because I haven't listened to all of them yet:

Crowned in Earth - Visions of the Haunted (UK Doom)
3163441.jpg

Not bad, but no staying power. Downward Spiral has a killer groove though.

3/5 for now, but that may change as I get more listens in

Revelation - Inner Harbor
4648480.jpg

I really hate when you guys are right, but this has some killer riffing on it. I found myself tapping my foot along to a lot of these songs. 3.5/5 for now

Reactions: CiG
paradise-lost-541c0c0c516ca.jpg

8.5/10

I own a previous version of this album, but the Metal Blade reissue sounds pretty great aside from one very audible pop right at the beginning of the first track. It's the worst Cirith Ungol album for sure, but it has a few of their best songs and those do an ample job of carrying it.

Sodom - Tapping the Vein 8/10

A classic album, I love the power it emanates. Top 3 Sodom album.

Cattle Decapitation - To Serve Man

Nice riffs but drums ruin it for me. Plastic sounding and really improper as for a grindcore album. Fortunately they got better with age. 5.5/10

Cattle Decapitation - To Serve Man

Nice riffs but drums ruin it for me. Plastic sounding and really improper as for a grindcore album. Fortunately they got better with age. 5.5/10

Have you heard Homovore? You think the drums on To Serve Man sound like plastic shit? It's like they were banging carrot sticks on a fucking tupperware container. :lol:

Don't know what the fuck happened because Human Jerky is fucking perfection to me, all that lentil casserole fucked their brains up for about 5 years.

Witch Cross - Axe to Grind (Danish Trad)
374046.jpg

Figures that the producer for the Mercyful Fate albums was on this album. Reminds me a bit of MF/KD.

3.8/5

Nunslaughter - The Devil's Congerie's, Pt 1 (US Death)
379312.jpg

Probably won't buy another compilation by this band since it's literally 4-6 songs over and over again in different variations (live, demo, remix, etc). To be fair, I need to check out the 3 other full lengths from this band I don't own.

2.75/5

Deceased... - Supernatural Addiction (US death/thrash ??)
Supernatural_Addiction.jpg

This is a fun album. I sold this probably a decade ago because I couldn't get into it. It won't get many plays from me but it isn't bad.

3.5/5

6213060.jpg

3.5/5

I'm not sure about this one. I'm of the opinion that Dark Roots of Earth is better than this but this album at least proves that Testament has been the most consistent Bay Area era thrash band ever.

Serious question; do you dislike these bands because you have a strained relationship with users here that prefer those bands or are you just trolling?