"Ravendusk..." and "Nightwork"

noose

discouraged one
May 18, 2001
Turkey
Visit site
any comments about the early diabolical masquerade albums?? i own "the death design" and i enjoyed it. but i heard some negative comments about the older ones, that they are monotonous and so on??

so anybody owns them??

Nightwork is my favourite one, it's a very strong album. Doesn't have the strings and the diverse range of styles that Death's Design does, it's more of a straight ahead black/thrash album, but with Anders trademark melodic guitar lines (ala Katatonia), and some awesome riffs.
The Phantom Lodge is maybe not as mature an album as the last 2, if you check out Nightwork and like it, then there is plenty of stuff on TPL that you will enjoy, it has some cool stuff on it (I adore Hater ;)). Get's overly-atmospheric at times (read: boring quiet parts ;)), but it's not a bad album, I like it.
Haven't got Ravendusk yet, so I can't comment

My advice, work your way backwards, get Nightwork next, if you like that then get the previous one etc

phyre said:
"Under The Banner Of The Sentinel."

THE EVE OF DESTRUCTION! HELLFIRE FLAMES!
RAPING THE WOMEN, THE SACRIFICE HAS TO BE DONE!
METAL TO METAL, A YEARNING FOR BLOOD
THE GALLOW IS READY THE TRAITOR IS GOING TO DIE!

FIGHT! TILL DEATH! WITH HATE!
WE END YOUR LIFE AND YOU! WILL DIE! IN PAIN!
NO! MORE LIFE! IN SIGHT!
THE VICTORY IS WON! BY LEGIONS OF THE NIGHT!

Heavy metal. \m/.

I don't know this song, but the lyrics are really FUCKING TRUE! Metal to metal (yeah!!!!). Steel meets steel, I have to say! That also would fit. I need this album. Death to false true metal!

I have all the D.M. albums but I need to get "The Phantom Lodge" on CD, know where I can get one at a reasonable price?

Anyways I like all the albums. It is true that Blackheim definitely matured a lot on Nightwork(love the digipack!) but Ravendusk is awesome as well. "The Phantom Lodge" is more atmospheric (and at the same time not) black metal than any of the other albums.

You have to understand the Death's Design is still primarily a soundtrack so that WOULD explain the 15+ tracks!

insidethefall said:
I would get Nightwork first, phantom lodge and then Ravendusk...they are so metal. Death's Design is kinda dumb, if a cd is over 15 tracks I don't see the point.

Don't get freaked out by Diabolical Masquerade-Death's Design's 61 songs, its basically a few songs and a couple of instrumentals cut up into 61 tracks for the purpose of convenient use of certain tracks during the movie.