Raw drumtracks for you to practice

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
Hey lads--...
just recording this NuMetal band...pretty tight drummer, first take and tight enough so you probably won't have to BD it.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=151
the kit is an entry level gretch (600€ new) and the snare is a 13" Spaun.

so nothing overly fancy but still good.
the "room" mics arent actually in a big room but rather meant to do some lo-fying later...dunno if you actually need them...
have fun and post your results if you want....
tempo is 105

labeling is drummer's perspective...so OH_L is OH_hh and OH_R is OH_rd etc

Drumtracks

awesome drums

any chance to have the full song for practice? :worship:

possible...not recorded anything but drums yet though.
I'll talk to the band and perhaps upload tracks for a full song when tracking is finished.

for that style (Nu Metal) I actually think you won't need samples...at least I won't be using any in the final mix
only heard the shred's so far, sounds really good imo!

I like the way you recorded the toms well with minimal bleed. Think this is the first time ive tried to mix a real kit without a nightmare of bleed on the toms, trying to figure out where the hits are hiding.

here you go.

BUT--...usually I'll sample the kit before I bring the cymbals etc into the room, so actually just the snare by itself, then only the tom etc....
in this case everything was set up and miced already, so there's some cambal and drum-ringing, meaning the single hits aren't totally clean, but you see yourself what you'll be able to get out of it

sampletracks

and for the lazy cunts a quickly processed one....just some MH on it, nothing fancy

processed

Of course

OH's are as follows (very important, all cymbols are send to a master CYM MST fader then the below is applied across all)

The rest is just Digi-EQ 7 and BF1176, stock LE plugs.

If you want some more EQ shots its no problem :)

Their is a slight drum compression track (kick,snare and toms only bussed to one fader named Drum Comp), BF 1176 and Lo-Fi (best/most underrated plug ever) just to crunch up, its only a hair of level tho.

Verb is DVerb. Its all I got at home, stock plugs baby! As im on PT LE at home no delay compensation so its a little phasey. I really do miss delay comp when im out of the studio. You REALLY start to notice it on Aux's.

About the track to Lasse;

Have you done any cuts? In the hats their is a few glitches. I am a freak for BD tho, if i was you Lasse I would cut the drums to the grid. He is a good drummer tho, but im used to grid drums, any thing else seems wierd to me :lol:

nope, no cuts, editing or processing so far.
the hihat (I think) had a weird freq in it and one of the chinas is broken...the cymbals aren't really the best ;)

but yeah, no editing done.
Don't think I will BD tho....would like to keep the groove in this case.

your OH processing looks extremely weird to say the least ;)
not listened to your file yet though.