[RC Autumn Reco Madness MMXIII]

Ellestin

one-click buy
Sep 4, 2003
www.convivialhermit.net
So folks, here's the deal...

This year's reco bullshit will be slightly innovative and, hopefully, exciting for everyone involved. There won't be a one RCer = one reco system anymore, instead, everyone will get to play at every round as recos will be personalized :headbang:

Once I get a suitable number of participants (must be an even number), I'll announce a round of randomized pairings (i.e. : Erik vs NAD, RiA vs Krigloch, etc.) on a given Saturday. From this point, every player will have exactly two weeks to:

a) issue a recommendation to his partner (do it ASAP)
b) commit to listen to the album recommended by his partner twice (or more)
c) post, in the dedicated thread, a Listening Report based on the following format:

[Album artwork]
[Band - Title]
[Recommended by:]
[Short description]
[What I liked about this album]
[What I did not like about this album]
[Bottom line]
[Will I listen to this album again?]
[Will I buy this album?]
[Overall quality of recommendation : Rating /10]

As a rule, you can recommend anything, provided your partner does not know the album already of course. The general idea (and the main thrill of the game) is to recommend something your partner might presumably enjoy, in a style he might not be too familiar with...

Obviously you must provide your partner with a way to listen to your reco. If it's readily available on youtube, grooveshark, bandcamp, working d/l link or whatever, no problem, otherwise you'll have to provide an upload yourself (WeTransfer is the best option these days)

I'll collect the ratings and whenever we decide to stop the game, there will be a ranking of best recomasters by average.

This system will hopefullyprovide a nice database of recommendations for anyone to check out.

So, who's in??

:Smokin:

I suggest a sticky and wait for everyone to trickle in.

When bloodfiredeath and HarmonyDies.... join, we're good to go.

A-ight compañeros

Here's the provisional roster:

Erik
Hell Mike
NAD
Ellestin
ChaosLee
Neal
Spikes77
Doomcifer
RiA
Refraction
Tranquillian
Corporal Zod

That's 12

We're good to go as such, or we can wait a couple more days for latecomers.

As a rule, you can recommend anything, provided your partner does not know the album already of course. The general idea (and the main thrill of the game) is to recommend something your partner might presumably enjoy, in a style he might not be too familiar with...

This should be tough.

Obviously you must provide your partner with a way to listen to your reco. If it's readily available on youtube, grooveshark, bandcamp, working d/l link or whatever, no problem, otherwise you'll have to provide an upload yourself (WeTransfer is the best option these days)

I'll collect the ratings and whenever we decide to stop the game, there will be a ranking of best recomasters by average.

So how do ppl win? I don't get it. Especially since it's only between two of us...intimately.

So even though we are recommending something to our specific combatant, everyone still votes? So what's the point of recommended something based on the person we are against?

So how do ppl win? I don't get it. Especially since it's only between two of us...intimately.

So even though we are recommending something to our specific combatant, everyone still votes? So what's the point of recommended something based on the person we are against?

The point is not to "win", not really... If your recos have been successful, you'll be high ranked in the end, but it's not about a fight against your partner (i.e. don't give a low rating on purpose if you liked the album...)

+ You'll rate only your recommended albums. Once the two weeks have elapsed and all the reports are in, another round will start with new pairings, and so on until we've run out of possible matches (or until we're bored). I figured that was clear from the onset? :err:

I'm off for one week, we shall start next Saturday! (make it an even number of participants, jews!)