[RC Autumn Reco Madness MMXIII]

let me just make a thing clear about my recommendations from here on out

i'm probably going to recommend very little that's new or truly obscure, because i don't listen to a lot of new music these days. what i am going to do is basically search the forums and whatever to see if i can find things i consider Classics or Really Overlooked that you probably haven't heard

so if i recommend you something that you HAVE actually heard, then say the word, because i'm pretty much going solely off whether or not you've ever mentioned the thing on these forums

also, for those who want to recommend me something and want to know if i've heard it, the answer is "probably not" but here are links to my last.fm and discogs accounts so you can cross-reference:

http://www.last.fm/user/egj
http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=einride

Sweet. It'll take me a few days to get this, will post something and listen to Zud by Wednesday evening.

Okay I just came up with one. I wanted to find something Epic + Cold that is not black metal. So my selection for you, my dear Bertrand, is the following:

eskimo_zpsd9332289.jpg

The Residents - Eskimo

If you've heard that, then my backup recommendation answers the question that nobody asked: What If Agalloch Were A Sludge Band?

rwake-rest-cover-604x604_zps8ee0b3af.jpg

Rwake - Rest

And finally if you have heard both of those, I grant thee sprawling nature worship via digitized electronic music:

Lifeforms_zps957a2c9b.jpg

The Future Sound of London - Lifeforms

Eskimo is definitely my choice for you, but I try to have backup solutions, because why the hell not? If you choose to dive into that one I do recommend searching for the liner notes. Also let me know if you need any of these uploaded.

Dude, hit me with anything. I've been listening to grindcore, jazz, and old school psychedelic tunes so I'm pretty much in a weird headspace.

What about you, brother?

Okay...I'm looking over my shit. I have no idea wtf you know or don't so I might go with a recent jazz release. *shrug wtf!*

For me? I dunno...Anything technical with creative songwriting with twists and turns.

EDIT: This is a lot easier when it is to a general audience.

Okay...I'm looking over my shit. I have no idea wtf you know or don't so I might go with a recent jazz release. *shrug wtf!* For me? I dunno...Anything technical with creative songwriting with twists and turns. EDIT: This is a lot easier when it is to a general audience.

Eh fuck it, we just go apeshit

What? lol ....do you know Crowpath?

edit: Metuhl, Prog, or Jazz.....pick one. Or I can just reco you the current band forging solid steel from my dick. I'm not sure how you would feel about it though. More of a NAD reco or maybe Dick or Agalloch.

What? lol ....do you know Crowpath? edit: Metuhl, Prog, or Jazz.....pick one. Or I can just reco you the current band forging solid steel from my dick. I'm not sure how you would feel about it though. More of a NAD reco or maybe Dick or Agalloch.

Haven't heard crowpath. I'm just going to drop some horrendous madness on you (but likely not until Wednesday)

REFRACTION: I encourage you to find this in a better quality, get high and listen on headphones. But of course you already knew that. :) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator: