RC Bug Out Bags

Thanks. I had to drop The Bastard for it. Now if I had to pick a favorite, Id go with The Bastard. This album would probably be my choice as a last supper play on death row before the lever drops. It truly holds a special place in my heart. It got left to the tongues of flame based on how many times Ive spun it in recent time. I havent listened to The August Engine in eons, much more replay value to be had given the parameters of this exercise. Same reason I didnt add any Metallica. Do I really need to listen to these songs AGAIN if this is all I have to sustain me? Would be akin to taking a sack of rice over a wheel barrow of venison.

It is an interesting thing to ponder, whether or not many people here like some of the standard RC albums and bands because of this forum, or whether we were drawn to the forum in the first place due to the tastes of people who post here. Or whether it's just a coincidence, or something else entirely. I'm sure it's a combination though, and different for different people. Agalloch, for example, I discovered before I started posting here (which is why I started following The End Records forum that used to be here on UM, which is how I ended up here), but there are many more examples (Isis for example) of bands I discovered directly through this forum.

I think it's a combination of both though there are many bands that we probably wouldn't have known about or given a chance (or infinity chances) to if not for RC. A lot of it is, indeed, because of this forum. Our tastes developed together as a multi-conscious organism and here we remain in the place where time stands still...or as they say colloquially living in the past.

Aye. I never heard of Abysmal-The Pillorian Age for ex. outside of RC. If it were in fact mentioned, there wasnt an entire thread dedicated to it. Ton of great offerings on this forum (especially on the pink side), that other forums which arent secure in their masculinity would recommend.

Hoping post tourney we can bring byke a round of recommendations for the modern age. We need one music driven gimmick to keep this locomotive oiled at all times.