RC party-fest in NYC -- throwing some ideas out...

Oh yeah, sorry if I just missed this, but any idea when this might take place?

Oh yeah, sorry if I just missed this, but any idea when this might take place?

I was originally thinking this Autumn. Nice weather, cheaper travel. But then some people might prefer the Summer when they're out of school etc.

Being local, I have no real preference, but as obvious as it sounds, I'd like to do it at a time that's convenient for most.

Do you folks have a preference?

I would definitely prefer the Summer when I'm out of school personally, but I would definitely try to make it either way as long as I'm not too busy. I haven't been to NYC in years, probably since the Metal Gods tour with Immortal.

Plane tickets would be around $600 or so to get to NYC, but from Iowa probably only 200.

EDIT: you're being sarcastic, and I'm dumb.

autumn would be best for me. once the kid is born, it'll be easier getting away for a weekend than it would be right now

Autumn works best for me as well, the next 3 or 4 months are going to be busy for me (new job, moving around that time, etc.), but we should be all settled by the time the weather begins to slightly cool.

Either that or within the next week before I start my new job, I've barely even unassed meself from the couch the past 2 weeks. :loco:

Fuck yes, Noltem needs to play this.

fuck yes. it'll take some planning though, i need to see if i can pull it off. would need to get another guitarist, a bass player, and vocalist. hmmmmmmm let me think on this.

erik and fotmbm should come here and help take care of this problem.

edit: could definitely have max and bozarth get in on this if the swedes can't come. i think we'd have our lineup right there if max wanted to play bass and will can certainly play guitar and do vocals at the same time.

word up. finishing the EP is top priority, but this event seems far enough away. i already know the setlist though, if we do play! it'll be tits for sure.

Awesome. Didn't see the thing about me doing guitar and vocals at the same time. We can test a few options out.. once you get me the tabs and some lyrics, I'll see if I can play and vocalize the stuff at the same time, record it, send it, see what you think, etc etc etc.

Welll we've been thinking of doing a "cd release" or a "pre-listening" party for our friends here locally, during which we'd play the next album from start to finish, and maybe throw a few extra tunes as well. We wanted to advertise it as just a party rather than a paying show because our friends react to it differently. Small cover charge, not too expensive a beer and you got yerselves a crowd.

If that was the idea though, we wouldnt be ready until probably some time later in the summer. I'm not sure what the time frame is for you guys.

fuck yes. it'll take some planning though, i need to see if i can pull it off. would need to get another guitarist, a bass player, and vocalist. hmmmmmmm let me think on this.

erik and fotmbm should come here and help take care of this problem.

edit: could definitely have max and bozarth get in on this if the swedes can't come. i think we'd have our lineup right there if max wanted to play bass and will can certainly play guitar and do vocals at the same time.

That would be awesome if we could get Erik and Mike to fly out, but either way would work well I bet.