Re-ampimg tip for Logic users

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
Instead of panning the DI track and selecting the output, use the I/O plugin (in utilities) and select the mono output that your re-amp box is connected to and select no return. This way you need not worry about pan laws or watching the levels on the output channel.
I put a sonnox limiter before the I/O plugin to get get good level but avoid peaks.
Just make sure you disable the I/O plugin before you re-amp the next guitar because the channel fader makes no difference when using the I/O plugin.

Or you could just directly route the channel to the mono output that your reamping box is connected to. ;)
Just click on the channel output, go to "Output", don't select any stereo output but go to the very bottom, hover over "Mono" and select the according output.

Or am I not getting something here?

Are you saying that you limit the DI signal before you send it out to the reamp box?? Sounds like a bad idea...

I always reamp with an transient (like a snare, whatever) just so i got a reference point where the grid is suppose to be, so i can adjust the reamped signal so it isn't out of phase. PT 9 (not hd) give a few sample of latency.

Or you could just directly route the channel to the mono output that your reamping box is connected to. ;)
Just click on the channel output, go to "Output", don't select any stereo output but go to the very bottom, hover over "Mono" and select the according output.

Or am I not getting something here?

Ha Ha. I have been using logic since version 4 and am an Apple Certified Trainer for logic 9 and never realized they had added mono output assignment in V9.:Spin:

I use a limiter to prevent clipping the output just in case. I don't limit the signal but just prevent overloads.

Ha Ha. I have been using logic since version 4 and am an Apple Certified Trainer for logic 9 and never realized they had added mono output assignment in V9.:Spin:

I use a limiter to prevent clipping the output just in case. I don't limit the signal but just prevent overloads.
I did the "route to Stereo Out 5-6, pan hard left, get problems with the volume because of the stupid panning law, cry, adjust volume, cry some more, forget to pan for the next tracks and get a fucked up reamp" thing for over a year before I saw it by chance :lol: So yeah I kinda know the feeling haha.