READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

levi

Aug 26, 2004
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following Gigantour update in the "Forums" sections of the band's official web site:

"OK, now here is some dirt on the first and second stage: I wanted to have the first stage be powerful and the second stage be a glimpse into the future bands that are either influenced, fans, or friends of mine and MEGADETH. I did say that I had 'this band' or 'that band' in my sights, but I have seriously narrowed down the list.

"I am still interested in DRY KILL LOGIC, OVERKILL, DEAD NEW DAY, RE:IGNITION, LIFE OF AGONY, CHILDREN OF BODOM, THE AGONY SCENE, DIECAST, SYMPHONY X, OTEP, and believe it or not, ANTHRAX and TESTAMENT :OMG: . There are a lot more bands still trying to get onboard, but I think I will just have to make a list for next year.

"My dilemma is this; the West Coast run will not have THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN on for the first several shows. I am still deciding to either fill that slot or just go on as a four band show for the main stage. I would love to have ANTHRAX or OVERKILL on the main stage with us all, but I don't want to offend ANTHRAX by offering them that slot unless they really want to take it, and I don't know if OVERKILL are available yet.

"After that, there will be more shows at the end of the tour where DREAM THEATER will have finished and I need to fill that slot (If I do) at that time.

"This tour will run from mid-July to mid-September and will also include Texas, Georgia, and Florida this time, as well as another stint across Canada at the end of the tour.

"We have been made offers to go to Mexico City and Monterey, Mexico on the Gigantour run; and Santiago, Chile; and Sao Paolo, Brazil in October on our own. I will not go down to South America without playing Argentina or Columbia too, so don't worry. We just have to work out the details.

"Please stay tuned so that I can give you more of the official news real soon."

If Testament gets on it I will shit my pants.

If he manages to talk TestAmenT, OverKill and Anthrax into participating in this tour, it would be beyond amazing. Good luck, Dave!