Anthrax\Testament tour a possibility?

Pascal79

Jun 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
It seems like Anthrax and Testament will not be part of the GIGANTOUR this year but I think both bands would be better off touring together across the U.S. and Canada. Since both bands are currently doing reunion tours across Europe, they should add many more dates in North America. Maybe talks are in the works but we'll have to wait and see.

I hope not... having Testament open for Anthrax (which is the way it would be) or opening for anyone at all is a sin. Having seen boths reunions within the space of 4 days I can safely say that the Testament reunion is sincere whereas the Anthrax one is forced.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
I hope not... having Testament open for Anthrax (which is the way it would be) or opening for anyone at all is a sin. Having seen boths reunions within the space of 4 days I can safely say that the Testament reunion is sincere whereas the Anthrax one is forced.

:lol: That's got to be the funniest shit I've heard in a long time. Do you know something we don't? Do you hang out with Anthrax on a constant basis? Do you know the band personally and their reasons for reforming? Or is it merely just the case that you're judging them by your own (or the latest metal magazine you've read) standards? You know what I think? MY, opinions are irrelevant as no-one asked me if I wanted Anthrax to reunite with the Disease line-up. I'm just glad that from a fan perspective, they have. What's comical is I bet there's someone on the Anthrax web-board whining about Testament reforming for the exact same reason as you gave about Anthrax.

Has it ever occured that these bands have reformed FOR the fans and NOT for themselves? Remember, like Scott said at the Anthrax show - most of the fans were really young when they started out and for the majority of them, were dependant on their parents to finance their metal habit & gig attendance. There's a stack of fans out there who missed the opportunity to see them back in the day, so this is the bands' way of addressing the situation - by bringing the killer years back to life? There's no way you can say that they reform for money, as Anthrax played to a half full hall - which could have easily been downgraded to the Garage. It's not as though they're making a killing out of it. Man, even that Judas Priest reunion show at the SECC that was so hyped up could have been downgraded to the Barrowlands... and they're one of the biggest names in the business alongside Iron Maiden! It's a well known fact that if you want to make serious money as a musician - you don't play metal!

I 'think' (don't quote me on it as I don't have the audacity to 'know' for sure), if both bands did tour together - then the concept of a co-headling tour ala the recent Slayer/Slipknot, could very well be the solution.

I prefer Testament & I also wouldn't be happy for them to play under ANY band after that performance we both witnessed in London, but the question is - would you go to the show if they WERE the support band? I know I would. THAT... is what counts.

Well, the fact that Scott didn't make eye contact with anyone during the entire gig when I saw them and Joey flipped him off at the end of the show... kind of suggested to me that Scott didn't want to be there...

FYI... I don't read magazines.

Why then, if they are reforming for the fans did they put out an album or re-recordings featuring Bush if they'd wanted to get Joey back? Or is it just coincidence that Anthrax get to headline the Dynamo now?

DiscipleOfThePit said:

amen. i agree with every word. the anthrax reunion seemed really shifty with mr wu (aka scott ian) lurking on the thrax board getting all hot and bothered when fans were questioning the band's motives and the status of bush and rob. (err has scott even bothered to address this to the fans?? NO)

they had got some good momentum going with WCFYA and then TGOTE (bush singing joey tunes) and then a few months after TGOTE they announce this lame reunion. remember, after weeks of silence from the band and that crappy countdown to the 'new look' website and logo. not forgetting the garbage press release.

me thinks the IRS are on scott's case again...

it's contrived and desperate.

" What's comical is I bet there's someone on the Anthrax web-board whining about Testament reforming for the exact same reason as you gave about Anthrax."

errrrrrm nope. i've not read a single bad thing against the testament reunion on the thrax board or any other board for that matter. in contrast with the many pissed of thrax fans at this silly gimmick reunion on the thrax board.

max said:
" What's comical is I bet there's someone on the Anthrax web-board whining about Testament reforming for the exact same reason as you gave about Anthrax."

errrrrrm nope. i've not read a single bad thing against the testament reunion on the thrax board or any other board for that matter. in contrast with the many pissed of thrax fans at this silly gimmick reunion on the thrax board.

Apart from me wanting GLEN AND PAUL! GLEN AND PAUL! GLEN AND PAUL!

:)

Actually my respect for Alex sky rocketed on Sunday... he was really good. Louie hit his Snare so hard all I could do was laugh.

BOING BOING BOING BOING!

the new website is crap. it's like they are trying desperately to rebrand themselves as a new different band, whereas they are just trying to cash in on when they were at their peak in 87.

kinda sad really.

and as you say scott looked pissed off on stage. compare that with the vibe of the london testament gig. how much fun were those guys having?!?! and giving off great energy.
now THAT was a cool reunion show.

I would like to see a tour like this but I really dont care who Testament is with I just have to see them live.

Just to pitch in a few comments here - I remember seeing Anthrax first time round with Joey in toe but was only fortunate to see em the once so I was kinda pissed when the one UK show announced was the Glasgow one - the same as the Scottish/Irish fans must feel at London being the only Testament date (so far). But I'd love to see the classic Anthrax line up again basically cos thats the one I grew up with and remember cool times by. I heard from one onlooker that the Glasgow gig was marred by a few shitheads who thought it would be clever to keep throwing (plastic) pint glasses on stage and so the whole thing was constantly having to be swept throughout the show - not a very good way to welcome a band back to our shores after such a long time. I sincerly hope Anthrax dont forget the fans here in the South cos I'd drop everything to relive a little of that 80's nostalgia!!!

As for Testament - it goes without saying - they are having a ball right now playing these Reunion shows and I gotta say that they cant leave us high and dry with just the one show - I for one am far too selfish and impatient and want to see em again soon so I hope they consider another tour of the UK soon so I can take in more than one date this time. Sunday was just too damn good to be a one off for us so here's to em coming back!!!

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Well, the fact that Scott didn't make eye contact with anyone during the entire gig when I saw them and Joey flipped him off at the end of the show... kind of suggested to me that Scott didn't want to be there...

FYI... I don't read magazines.

Why then, if they are reforming for the fans did they put out an album or re-recordings featuring Bush if they'd wanted to get Joey back? Or is it just coincidence that Anthrax get to headline the Dynamo now?

What's all the fuss about eye contact? Does it REALLY matter so much? I never saw Joey once make egotistical gestures towards Scott... perhaps I blinked and missed it - however have you not considered the possibility that it was in jest & desgined to wind the fans up, like you are now!

Did you approach Scott at the end of the show and ASK HIM PERSONALLY if he wanted to be there? How can YOU be so sure of their motives?

I lifted this straight from Blabbermouth.net today, quoting Scott Ian:

"We went straight from Glasgow airport to Where The Monkey Sleeps for the legendary Manfosh. It's the breakfast sandwich that dreams are made of.
The Barrowlands rocked from start to finish and it's one of those gigs that makes me feel absolutely privileged to ever be allowed to be in a band. We've had a great relationship with the fans in Glasgow for years and it keeps getting stronger. I can't wait to come back. Donald McLeod is the man.

SCOTT's words - NOT mine... Does this sound like a guy who's unhappy with the reunion?

The reason they put out the album was probably more to do with FULFILLING RECORD CONTRACTS more than anything else. And some labels can be sticklers for a current line-up of a band. Anthrax made no secret that they wanted this reunion to happen a few years back (even before the re-recordings with Bush came out), but with record company demands - they probably thought it best to fulfil their contract, so they can leave their options open for a stress free reunion. Like I say it's all FOR the fans benefit. Some people prefer Bush as that's the era they grew up with and some prefer Belladonna as that was the era they know & love best! Whatever twists your nips...

The whole reason they got such a high billing at Dynamo is because that was what the Dynamo organizers wanted. The classic line-up! It was also the reason why our beloved Testament are back together - maybe if you did read your magazines you would know that!

The Dynamo organizer had already advertised Anthrax as being the headliners when the approached Mr. Billy, they then told him that they got Anthrax headlining with the Disease line-up, and only then asked Chuck (jokingly - not thinking it would ever happen in a million years) what the chances were of Testament doing similar. Do you really think if the Dynamo organiser (never mind us Testament fans) thought he could have ever have booked THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT - that he would NOT have asked them first and put them as headliners? I think not.

In all honestly, I don't think anyone cares for the fact that Testament were lower on the bill - they just care that they got the chance to see them play with the original line-up at all! This is why I say the bands do it for the fans. Testament could have easily headlined Dynamo - we all know that... BUT, instead of being egotistical dicks about it and demand the headline slot & more money - they chose to play on a lower part of the bill. The way they see it - the money doesn't matter - the fans DO. I salute them!!!

max said:

Do I really care?

No.

wow there goes scott posting more inane rubbish. do people really care about his manfosh breakfast sandwich? or how much guiness he can drink?

DiscipleOfThePit said:
If you wanted to see Anthrax that bad you should of come to Glasgow. I, and about 6 friends, went to see Testament in London... had to get up at 4am on Sunday morning and didn't get to sleep till 10am on Monday morning. It was well worth it.

Well mate - thats all rather easy if like some of the people on here you are a student, single etc...

But when you work a six day week and have a 4 year old kid and also a missus that wants to come to the gig it makes going to a gig (especially a midweek one) near on impossible. Lets just say when I go out to the contintent (like when I saw Testament in Switzerland Apr 2003) it takes months of planning ahead cos it isnt simply a case of dumping your kid on anyone. No doubt it was "well worth it" but as you get older you'll discover a whole new thing called "priorities" LOL!

max said:
wow there goes scott posting more inane rubbish. do people really care about his manfosh breakfast sandwich? or how much guiness he can drink?

Sure, it doesn't matter what he eats or drinks or even where he takes a shit for that matter... at least not to us anyway. The point he was making was that he enjoyed what he was doing while he was over here - we can't all be miserable bastards 24/7 hehehehe :lol:

Ramses-Bringer Of War said:
What's all the fuss about eye contact? Does it REALLY matter so much? I never saw Joey once make egotistical gestures towards Scott... perhaps I blinked and missed it - however have you not considered the possibility that it was in jest & desgined to wind the fans up, like you are now!

Did you approach Scott at the end of the show and ASK HIM PERSONALLY if he wanted to be there? How can YOU be so sure of their motives?

I lifted this straight from Blabbermouth.net today, quoting Scott Ian:

"We went straight from Glasgow airport to Where The Monkey Sleeps for the legendary Manfosh. It's the breakfast sandwich that dreams are made of.
The Barrowlands rocked from start to finish and it's one of those gigs that makes me feel absolutely privileged to ever be allowed to be in a band. We've had a great relationship with the fans in Glasgow for years and it keeps getting stronger. I can't wait to come back. Donald McLeod is the man.

SCOTT's words - NOT mine... Does this sound like a guy who's unhappy with the reunion?

The reason they put out the album was probably more to do with FULFILLING RECORD CONTRACTS more than anything else. And some labels can be sticklers for a current line-up of a band. Anthrax made no secret that they wanted this reunion to happen a few years back (even before the re-recordings with Bush came out), but with record company demands - they probably thought it best to fulfil their contract, so they can leave their options open for a stress free reunion. Like I say it's all FOR the fans benefit. Some people prefer Bush as that's the era they grew up with and some prefer Belladonna as that was the era they know & love best! Whatever twists your nips...

The whole reason they got such a high billing at Dynamo is because that was what the Dynamo organizers wanted. The classic line-up! It was also the reason why our beloved Testament are back together - maybe if you did read your magazines you would know that!

The Dynamo organizer had already advertised Anthrax as being the headliners when the approached Mr. Billy, they then told him that they got Anthrax headlining with the Disease line-up, and only then asked Chuck (jokingly - not thinking it would ever happen in a million years) what the chances were of Testament doing similar. Do you really think if the Dynamo organiser (never mind us Testament fans) thought he could have ever have booked THE ORIGINAL TESTAMENT - that he would NOT have asked them first and put them as headliners? I think not.

In all honestly, I don't think anyone cares for the fact that Testament were lower on the bill - they just care that they got the chance to see them play with the original line-up at all! This is why I say the bands do it for the fans. Testament could have easily headlined Dynamo - we all know that... BUT, instead of being egotistical dicks about it and demand the headline slot & more money - they chose to play on a lower part of the bill. The way they see it - the money doesn't matter - the fans DO. I salute them!!!

*yawns*

Ramses-Bringer Of War said:
Sorry... I didn't mean to bore you! Perhaps if you're that bored, maybe you should find another music genre to enthuse about, as metal obviously doesn't agree with you...

And you based that on nothing.

Metal does enthuse me but not when it appears to me to be totally money driven. It wasn't metal that bored me just there, it was you're long spiel of bull.