Reamp issue (feedback)

ForeverDeparted

New Metal Member
Feb 25, 2005
Ok, so I have scoured this forum looking for the answer to this question and I can't figure it out. Here's my set up and how I have everything routed.

Mbox 2/API A2D via SPDIF. I'm running the DI track->Output 1 (Mon Out Left)->X-Amp input->Cable running to amp input

Then, I am trying to mic it up through the input on the API so, it would be API Channel 1->57 micing up the cab.

Whenever I turn up the trim pot on the X-Amp, I get tons of feedback from the amp. There's clearly something I'm doing wrong, and after looking at the other reamp threads here on a similar topic, the answer wasn't readily apparent.

Thanks for the help.

When I go to the I/O settings for the miced up track in Reaper, the signal isn't being sent to an output.

EDIT:

I lied. For the mic channel, I had to go and add an Output channel and then direct that to channel 2. Then, I hard panned the output right since I was sending the signal to the left monitor output. I also select none under a drop down menu so that it wouldn't output as well. All in all, problem solved. Thanks.