Reamping Process Help

Perishh

May 1, 2010
Brisbane AU
Hey guys, i'll be getting a Little Labs Red Eye DI/Reamp box tomorrow and cant wait to use it! Before I do I just wanna ask some quick questions cause I cant find any answers on the forum that really help.

Firstly, I have a toneport UX8 so it has a instrument in. When recording should I use that as the DI input? Cause I know you can also use the Red Eye to split it and that way you can put one as a DI and then use another hooked up to the amp for monitoring purposes. Just wondering what the best way to go about it is?

Secondly just a process thing... when you are tracking your guitars through DI and also using a proper amp signal just to make sure the guitars sound ok for when it comes to re-amping. Do you record and edit them together and then at the end just delete the amp track?

Lastly, (and this might be on the box from the Red Eye but I haven't recieved that yet) what output from my Toneport will I use to go into the box when it comes time for reamping. Just the stereo output with the correct line to balance the signal? Or is there a special line out you need for this?

Sorry for asking so much, thanks in advance!

Firstly, I have a toneport UX8 so it has a instrument in. When recording should I use that as the DI input? Cause I know you can also use the Red Eye to split it and that way you can put one as a DI and then use another hooked up to the amp for monitoring purposes. Just wondering what the best way to go about it is?
You can choose either the UX8 or the RedEye for input. Choose the one
that gives you the best sound. A lot of people here are very happy
with their RedEye.

Secondly just a process thing... when you are tracking your guitars through DI and also using a proper amp signal just to make sure the guitars sound ok for when it comes to re-amping. Do you record and edit them together and then at the end just delete the amp track?
No. You either choose to reamp or you choose to use the original recording.
If you choose to reamp then you can edit the DI track and hear it thru an
amp sim so no need to edit the amp track.

Lastly, (and this might be on the box from the Red Eye but I haven't recieved that yet) what output from my Toneport will I use to go into the box when it comes time for reamping. Just the stereo output with the correct line to balance the signal? Or is there a special line out you need for this?
You need a signal that conforms to "line out" signal levels. If the stereo output conforms to these levels then use it else you need a dedicated
line out signal.