reamping

hey d00ds
i am getting my new place sorted soon with my guitar all sorted and the guitarist is getting his new amp
so its all good
but we have had problems recording in the old place, and so therefore lots of unintentional different guitar tones as the recording has been taking place over a long period of time
so i am going to just reamp their parts i have decided so we can stick with a consistent guitar tone
so what do i generally need in order to start reamping?
is it just simply a reamp box?

hey d00ds
i am getting my new place sorted soon with my guitar all sorted and the guitarist is getting his new amp
so its all good
but we have had problems recording in the old place, and so therefore lots of unintentional different guitar tones as the recording has been taking place over a long period of time
so i am going to just reamp their parts i have decided so we can stick with a consistent guitar tone
so what do i generally need in order to start reamping?
is it just simply a reamp box?

Did you DI a track when recording all the previously recorded tracks. If not then your out of luck.

From the radial JDI manual

reamp_with_a_DI.JPG

Did you DI a track when recording all the previously recorded tracks. If not then your out of luck.
its no big deal
i can just tell them its pre production :lol:
what we have recorded is just to show places what we sound like if we want to play
but asfter i have my new place and the guitarist is sorted again, then we will record everything again but properly
so im just asking what do i need to get started with reamping tracks so i can just track them from the amp all in one go to get a consistent sound throughout
is it just the box and im done with it?

wow thisis a lot of stuff here. I have always recorded a Di off of my whirlwind IMP2 di box. lug the guitar in then an xlr cable out of the low z out into my board. I then run the parallel out from the IMP2 into my amp and record it all. after the session is all done i take all of the di tracks and reamp out of my DAW into my amp and there is no problem. just a $50 di box and it works with no noise or any tone issues.
P.S. i don't compress the di or anything just an L1 so it doesn't clip going in

Love Curran