Reaper, cleaning up folders ?

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
guys, I did an album for a band recently that had alot of punch-ins, multitakes and stuff like that.

Now that I'm finished with everything, how can I go about cleaning up the project folder and its excessive .wav files? The folder is 81gb!!o_O ...should be more like 5-15gb.

Is there a way to go into the the project in reaper, and tell it to delete all .wav files except the ones currently being used?

File -> Clean current project directory...

Done :)

Just make sure that ALL your necessary files for that project are in their own individual song folder. If you run that and there's files from other songs in that folder, because they're not part of that open project they'll be deleted.

Not that I ever did that.

Or anything.

Should you specify a media path for each project? I normally create a dedicated folder for each song but I then have different subfolders within that for other shit like sessions, stems, usually a folder for each intrument And I very rarely work out of one session. For instance, I'll do all my recording in one, save it as another name and then use that session for editing, maybe another if i'm working with plugins that cannabalize cpu. So, I don't mean just unused recording takes, im talking about all the renders and glue files.

At the start of every project i do before tracking ANYTHING i save the project to a folder of its own.
Saves time if I'm moving the files around(computer to laptop) as i don't have to go to the reaper data folder to get files.