Reaper - Why NOT?

As an example - Presonus Studio One (I'm not a user, but I have read lots of the reviews for it) is receiving reviews in which it is described as well thought out, elegant, intuitive, fast on screen work flow, ... This is a brand new DAW that has just been released, but it seems to have been very well planned with much thought put into the design from the get go - they seem to know what they want it to be and what they don't. does it still miss the mark on a few items, sure - but that can be attributed to it being a version 1.01 - but the basic design seems to be a good one, a well thought out one.

Yeah, but some of the lead developers behind Studio One have been in this game for a very long time. Some of them had been involved with Cubase from the get-go for example.

And then we have a company like Presonus backing this...

It's just not that fair of a comparison.

That being said, I'm heavily looking forward to checking out Studio One myself in the next days.

Seeing as how I trust you wouldn't be stupid enough to think the program itself is to blame for this, this statement seems completely irrelevant and unnecessary, not to mention massively dickish

Of course the program isn't to blame, but the type of users it attracts just does not seem to be anyone pro-oriented or interested in great results for some reason. When you sit down with yourself and say "I want to do this audio production thing right," I honestly do not understand why the hell anyone would follow that up with "I should get Reaper."

And of course it was massively dickish, why would you expect anything else from me? We're talking about fucking REAPER, dude. :lol:

...the user base is basically a ton of amateur dudes in their bedrooms attempting to create half decent recordings and failing miserably. I'm no pro by any means, but seriously... Ryan's the only one putting out anything good, and he doesn't do most of his own editing.

This argument is stupid. The user base of anything in the world is a ton of shitheads.

For example, I always see people bashing Line6 products. Probably because it's relatively cheap and easy to use (but difficult to master), so any ignorant can own one. It´s like "n00b stuff". Fact is that my favourite tunes on this forum came from Line6 users: Joey Sturgis, Bob (Toxic Grind Machine), Matt (Splatt88), Misha (Bulb), Jocke Skog (Clawfinger), etc. Many of them don´t use Line6 stuff anymore, but the tunes they did while using it are still awesome.

After 7 years of Nuendo I´ve switched to Reaper last week because I realized it had everything I needed from Nuendo and many other benefits. It´s not even personal opinion. I literally did a comparison chart between both DAWs and Reaper 3 was clearly ahead of any other DAW I´ve tried, and the only one mentioned on this thread that I´ve not tested yet is the StudioOne (it looks gorgeous by the way).

I could list everything that made me switch to Reaper, but this thread is asking exactly the opposite of that, and I really don´t know any good reason to NOT use Reaper. I know that many people complain about the lack of freezing and beat detective, but I don´t need to freeze and I prefer editing drums on Ableton Live anyway. It´s not a perfect DAW, but I can´t think of any major flaw to not use it.

This argument is stupid. The user base of anything in the world is a ton of shitheads.

For example, I always see people bashing Line6 products. Probably because it's relatively cheap and easy to use (but difficult to master), so any ignorant can own one. It´s like "n00b stuff". Fact is that my favourite tunes on this forum came from Line6 users: Joey Sturgis, Bob (Toxic Grind Machine), Matt (Splatt88), Misha (Bulb), Jocke Skog (Clawfinger), etc. Many of them don´t use Line6 stuff anymore, but the tunes they did while using it are still awesome.

After 7 years of Nuendo I´ve switched to Reaper last week because I realized it had everything I needed from Nuendo and many other benefits. It´s not even personal opinion. I literally did a comparison chart between both DAWs and Reaper 3 was clearly ahead of any other DAW I´ve tried, and the only one mentioned on this thread that I´ve not tested yet is the StudioOne (it looks gorgeous by the way).

I could list everything that made me switch to Reaper, but this thread is asking exactly the opposite of that, and I really don´t know any good reason to NOT use Reaper. I know that many people complain about the lack of freezing and beat detective, but I don´t need to freeze and I prefer editing drums on Ableton Live anyway. It´s not a perfect DAW, but I can´t think of any major flaw to not use it.

Excellent argument, and it brings this back on track. Freeze was my saviour, I'd be lost without it, but you are dead right, Reaper was perfect for you and you chose it. Everyone has different preferences, I just like cubase now and it's never stepped out of line. Also, isnt there a link to Reapers site from the Revalver page. I cant imagine Peavey linking to an inferior product if they didnt approve of it. I am a big fan of Reaper personally. I have it on my laptop for small things as its not as big as Cubase and its perfect. It's great that they make such a great product for such cheap money and an excellent way into home recording. It's much much better than the karoke machine I began recording on :puke: