Reasonable Tube Amps

Having not seen that dvd, I'll assume it's his signature JSX head that he's playing through. Pretty good sounding amps overall.

If you can get it or borrow it I stongly advise. Far above his performances on G3 vids, yes he does many of his old standards but he ventures into some other styles I'd never heard him play before in the second half of the show. He was definantly in the zone, but the tone and responce was phenominal and being a highly seasoned player also showed his tonal abilities just from his technique. I was ready to go out and buy one... along with a fresh set of fingers.

I've been meaning to pick it up for a while but just haven't had the spare cash at a time when there wasn't something else I wanted more. I think my (soon-to-be) roommate has it, so if that's the case I'll watch it soon.

I'd like the overall amp sound to be more suitable for playing heavy riffs & rhytm stuff (my band plays sort of melodic proggy thrashy whatever metal :D). The price range could be from 700 to 1200 euros (1000-1800USD). I just want something else than digital gadgets for a change.

I checked some amps from Diezel, Bogner & Mesa but they were mostly outside the price range. Laney GH100L seemed nice though.
I have one and it kicks ass. But DO check out Peavey's, because I've heard a lot of them and they all sound really good.

My amplifier.

R.jpg

R1.jpg

s