Reasons why Pro Tools 8 is stupid

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Only one so far, but it's a biggy...

Why the fuck doesn't a copy of Pro Tools come preinstalled on every computer ever made so people can try it and realize it's a complete waste of time and money to even attempt using any other DAW?

Seriously Pro Tools is perfect. I have had zero issues with the delay compensation so far and the track count is not a limitation for me. The ONLY thing I am not used to is not being able to move 2 faders at a time in the mixer, like, I can't select two tracks and bring all the faders down simultaneously, at least I haven't figured it out yet. Even so, it seems like that's not really part of the general PT workflow anyways, I just have to get used to using lots of groups and turning them on/off for whatever I need to do, as well as bussing guitars/drums/etc to primary busses to control the overall level, seems more organized that way anyways.

PT is fucking AWESOME.

PS. Someone break into Steve Massey's house and email me a copy of Massey DTM, I NEED THAT PLUGIN!!!! UGH.

Always been a big fan! And Adam, one thing I recommend as far as groups go is setting key focus (the little a...z button) to the groups box in both the edit and mix windows, so you can toggle the groups on and off quickly for individual adjustments. And of course, can't forget the almighty alt-shift-3 :headbang:

Adam, Im delighted you found the daw of your dreams :)

Are you running 7.4 or 8?

Yup 8 and loving it! Thanks for all your help on Logic btw bro, too bad it didn't work out for me :/ PT is incredible though, only really used it for a couple days and I already feel totally at home, everything just seems natural and straightforward and everything behaves exactly as you'd expect!

Yup 8 and loving it! Thanks for all your help on Logic btw bro, too bad it didn't work out for me :/ PT is incredible though, only really used it for a couple days and I already feel totally at home, everything just seems natural and straightforward and everything behaves exactly as you'd expect!

cool, not a problem.
its a pity it dind't work out, i think this is actually a great example of how there really is no one DAW that suits everyone. :)

will you be hanging onto logic at all?
the huge collection of synths and sampled instruments included could come in handy some time.