Recabinet Cyber Monday Sale $19.99

By the way, here's a quick bounce I did tonight of a new Backmask song in progress. ENGL Savage 120 head direct with Countryman Type 85 DI + Recabinet 3.1.1 with Speaker Dynamics at 100%. Guitar is my RAN Crusher 7 with EMG 707s, drums are Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0. Bass is my bassist's Spector 5 string into an AxeFX2 we borrowed a while back (we're going to be reamping the bass again through a different rig, not totally happy with the sound yet.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the demo to work. Im really happy. I just loaded a di from an old project and applied the new x50 and recab demo. It sounds stupid awesome, I dont think I have ever heard an ampism sound so good with such little effort. I must have installed it in the wrong folder or something last time because it worked perfectly fine just now. Buying in a moment. Thanks.

hey manic, what problems did you have with recabinet? For me it loads and everything. It's just after a few minutes it freezes up my daw. I'm using XP which is not supported by recabinet so was just wondering if you had the same problem in your system which isn't supported as well. Can't wait until I upgrade to win7. Hopefully it will work okay after that because it sounds awesome.

hey manic, what problems did you have with recabinet? For me it loads and everything. It's just after a few minutes it freezes up my daw. I'm using XP which is not supported by recabinet so was just wondering if you had the same problem in your system which isn't supported as well. Can't wait until I upgrade to win7. Hopefully it will work okay after that because it sounds awesome.

Actually, XP should be fine, it's mainly Vista that has problems. What DAW are you running? XP is tested and supported (although not for much longer.)

My issue was just getting Cubase to recognize the plugin. I honestly dont know what I was doing wrong before because it installed just fine. If I had to guess I may have been using the wrong installer.

I dont know about freeze ups, I only screwed around with it for 45mins - hour last night but usually if Cubase doesnt like a plugin it lets me know right away. Like the Reaper plugs, it shits the bed immediately when I try to load them. A shame too, I like that eq.
If I were going up against that I would just commit and render the tracks. Best of luck. Recab is alot of fun!

Yes, that's one of the reasons why it finally makes sense to do this. The sacrifice, of course, is that your presets aren't as easily portable (you'll have to bring your IRs with you in addition to your presets if you go to another studio, etc.) but the tonal versatility it opens up will be limitless.

That's incredible! Time to grab this deal at the last minute :D hope this thing lives up to its reputation!

I bought it! Amazed at how much better it sounds than all the other stuff I been using, just seems to sit the guitars right where they need to be. For a bedroom warrior like me its nice to just forget about cabs/impulses etc. and now just try to write some decent music.

Happy New Year :kickass:

Hey Shane, I just installed Cubase 7.0.1 and it crashes whenever I open the Open Preset menu within Recabinet. I'm on Mac OS 10.8.