Reccomend me a nice eq (hardware)

John_C

formerly Skeksis268
Dec 30, 2008
Coventry, UK
www.myspace.com
I love having one of these in my guitar rig as I'm a terminal tweaker.

At the moment I'm using some POS boss 31 band unit which sounds pretty foul.

anything goes here, obviously the mxr unit would be an option, but any nice sounding parametric or graphic units, either specifically for guitar or just general.

Mono would be preferable in order to save money, although if i got a 2 channel unit i'd have the oportunity to switch between 2 settings which would be cool.

Kinda curious about this too, just as much for studio use! (might be useful to have one to stick in the loop to futz with)

i can't post a clip cause i just sold it but Urei 530 is inexpensive and pretty musical. Seemed to work especially well for guitar.

Price range? IMO dbx makes the best inexpensive graphics. Obviously it would be amazing to give something live the great river a go if you wanted to blow some serious money.

would u consider a behringer ultracurve pro 2496:has graphic and parametric eq plus some more stuff and it´s cheap

I have the Presonus EQ3B. I think it's quite good for the price. Only complaints are that the knobs are too close to each other and a bit awkwardly placed but you'll get used to it. Otherwise it seems to be just ok.

price range is anything under £200

the dbx 131 seems to cover the graphic option very well.

anyone had any experience with cheap parametric eqs?

I've used the dbx 131 on master and monitor busses for live sound, they're pretty good for the price.