Recent CD Purchases Thread

it is a great disc....they are a cross between Grave Digger and Iced Earth....the singer sound like Barlow so much. You would really like it Jason.

Thanks for reminding me about this band. Last time I was at Metal Haven they were playing Rebellion - "Miklagard - The History Of The Vikings - Volume II" on the stereo. I had no idea who it was, so I went and asked the guy.

I am not usually that much of a power metal fan, but I thought this sounded pretty cool. The singer sounds like a more aggressive pissed off Bruce Dickinson (to me, at least) and the riffs definately had an older Iced Earth feel to them.

Which disc do you recommend, Volume I or Volume II?

Thanks for reminding me about this band. Last time I was at Metal Haven they were playing Rebellion - "Miklagard - The History Of The Vikings - Volume II" on the stereo. I had no idea who it was, so I went and asked the guy.

I am not usually that much of a power metal fan, but I thought this sounded pretty cool. The singer sounds like a more aggressive pissed off Bruce Dickinson (to me, at least) and the riffs definately had an older Iced Earth feel to them.

Which disc do you recommend, Volume I or Volume II?

both 1 and 2 are fantastic. Actually all thier stuff is really solid.

I haven't gotten any new CDs in the past few weeks bought I did get a couple shirts:

Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry
Hate Forest - The Curse

Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Black Planet

This is the only recent purchase that matters to me at the moment. I FINALLY get to see them live for the first time tomorrow. :headbang:
Dude I will be there too!!! ...this fucking work day cannot go quick enough, the show is going to be legendary. You going to the June 1st PT show too?

The DVD is great in picture and sound. THere are a few songs where you can change over to a different show with the same song. My only complaint is that the set is filled with longer songs, thus missing out on adding a few more songs to the set. worth every penny. this is one disc you will watch more than once.

Cool, I keep going back and forth on if I need to buy it or not...I tend to trust you guys so it'll be a buy for me!

Dude I will be there too!!! ...this fucking work day cannot go quick enough, the show is going to be legendary. You going to the June 1st PT show too?

First, I'm a dudette. ;) Secondly, I did contemplate going to the June 1st show, but I am moving on June 16th and have to be really careful with what I put on my plate from now until then in addition to what I am already committed to. Otherwise, I would be going for sure! :)

Ok, got a couple more items recently, so I am going to take another stab at keeping this thread going.

A couple new DVDs I have gotten this past week:

TROUBLE - VIDEOS
This is a self-released DVD from the band that features 5 video clips, including RIP, At the End of my Daze, Memory's Garden, Misery Shows (Act II), and Psychotic Reaction. I had only seen a couple of those previously, so it was a worthwhile purchase. The band had been selling this on their site for quite some time, but I never picked it up. No extras, just the 5 promotional videos.

IRON MAIDEN - DEATH ON THE ROAD
This is the video counterpart to last year's DEATH ON THE ROAD double live set, from a show on the Dace of Death tour from Germany. I was already very familiar with the entire set from the CD. It is cool to be able to place the visual to it. Maiden played a great set, and do great versions of some of the better tracks from Dance of Death. Only complaint is that the editor went nuts with quick cuts every 5 seconds. There is even a warning message at the beginning for people with epilepsy! I can see why.

There is also a 200 minute "extras" DVD as well, which I have yet to check out. Seems pretty cool though.

This past weekend I picked up....

Sonata Arctica - Unia - not bad, not great....way too many slow songs this time around.

Thunderstone - Evolution 4.0 - so far not bad. they never were an original band but they write decent songs.

Adiastasia - Life War - a power metal band from Brazil who sounds like a cross breed of Gamma Ray and Angra. pretty good stuff but a muddy mix ruins the true power of this disc. hopefully they stick around. they could become a really great band.

Sonata Arctica - Unia - not bad, not great....way too many slow songs this time around.

At the end of last year, this was one of my most anticipated releases for 2007. Based on your review, as well as those of others, I am not so sure. I always thought it was their more upbeat crazy keyboard driven tracks that made them unique. Their slower stuff is good, but a bit cliche, and help earn them their tag of being a Stratovarius clone. I might have to hold off on this one.

Purchases over the past few weeks:

Megadeth - United Abominations
Estuary - The Craft of Contradiction
Searing Meadow - Corroding From Inside
Mors Principium Est - Liberation = Termination
Dark Tranquillity - Fiction
Ainulindale - The Lay of Leithian
Cage - Hell Destoryer
Cruachan - The Morrigan' Call
Kampfar - Kvass
Fintroll - Ur Jordens Diup
Allen-Lande - Revenge