Recent purchases

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Ok... In the last couple of weeks I've bought heaps of albums and I'm bored so I think I will bore everyone else now with my views on them hahaha (if I remember them all).

I've been going a bit nuts at 2nd hand vinyl stores... and picking up lots of nice records hehehe. I must stop because I'm going very very broke.

WASP - The Headless Children (Picture Vinyl!!)
This was only $11 !!! Hehehe.. my 3rd favourite WASP album after self titled and The Crimson Idol. Killer!

Skid Row - Slave To The Grind
Already had it on CD but I'd never seen it on vinyl and for $5 I thought I should add it to my collection. May I also add that I find that the vinyl sounds better and somehow the guitars and everything seem chunkier and its heavier overall.

Anthrax - Spreading The Disease
Now THIS is a classic thrash metal album!!!!! Every song just rips, the riffs are awesome, great vocals, very catchy.... yeah!! I probably like Among The Living a *little* bit better, but not much.

Kiss - Asylum
Ok I've mentioned this already since I got it last week... this is now one of my favourite Kiss albums, no fillers here except maybe track 2, which is rare for 80s Kiss. Brilliant album, exceptional drumming from Eric, Van Halen styling shredding from Bruce, and all Paul's songs in particular are SO catchy! Radar For Love is now one of my fave Kiss songs ever! Oh.. did I mention that this is now signed by Bruce Kulick??? Hehe.

Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind
Had it on CD, its my favourite Maiden album.... $5 gatefold vinyl in great condition, can't go wrong! This also sounds better on vinyl than my remastered CD in my opinion. What the hell is the backwards message before Still Life though?? I played it backwards and I think its in another language haha!

Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...and Business Is Good!
Was never a big fan of this on CD, it must've been a bad transfer to CD, I wonder if the remaster is better, but that doesnt have These Boots. Or maybe it just makes the poor production more noticable. But somehow this RIPS on vinyl!!! Killer stuff, and I now love this album.

Quiet Riot - Condition Critical
Wow! This is really cool 80s stadium metal, Twisted Sister style. This is much better than their previous album "Metal Health" I think, which is seen as the more classic one... and I also think this is better than Twisted Sister's "Stay Hungry" which came out the same year as this and was much more popular.

AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Not as good as Highway To Hell or Let There Be Rock, but an excellent Bon Scott era album all the same! Jailbreak, Problem Child and Dirty Deeds are brilliant, and how hilarious is Big Balls!!!! Hahahah!

Hear 'N' Aid - Stars (12" Single)
This was recorded in 1986 for charity, killer song written by Dio! Here are some artists who perform on this song:
Dio, Dokken, Rough Cutt (all members of those 3 bands), Yngwie Malmsteen, Vince & Mick from Motley Crue, Chris and Blackie from WASP, Adrian and Dave from Iron Maiden, Halford from Judas Priest, Geoff Tate from Queensryche, Kevin DuBrow and Paul Shortino who both sang for Quiet Riot, Eddie from Twisted Sister, Brad Gillis who played with Ozzy.... and more! Obviously it is an amazing song!

Iron Maiden - Live After Death
Had this on CD already, but WOW!! Only $12... double gatefold vinyl, both records still in original slipcases, and with original booklet. All in mint condition!!!! Don't need to mention how good this is!

Alice Cooper - Raise Your Fist And Yell
This is the best Alice album along with Trash! It's brilliant!! nasty 80s metal/shock rock at its best!

Alice Cooper - From The Inside
The cover of this is so cool!!! It has little doors you open to reveal Alice behind it in a straight jacket in the room, etc... plus other doors and everything, its so much fun! Hahah! I'm listening to it for the first time now, it sounds pretty cool. Nurse Rozetta has the funniest lyrics EVER!

Hehehe... I gotta go back for a few things too. Dixons rocks!

Very cool...
Are all those on vinyl?

I love Stars. It's classic DIO really, with some great guests. The video is great fun too.. trying to pick out all those famous faces.

I used to have a few Maiden albums on vinyl.
Iron Maiden, Killers, Maiden Japan, Piece Of Mind, Live After Death
and a few singles. But I gave them most of them away to a friend after I bought the first lot of remasters.. :cry:

Maybe I should ask to buy them back.

Originally posted by The Trooper

Anthrax - Spreading The Disease
Now THIS is a classic thrash metal album!!!!! Every song just rips, the riffs are awesome, great vocals, very catchy.... yeah!! I probably like Among The Living a *little* bit better, but not much.

Expect an Anthrax board here soon! Woo! :D

Yep they're all on vinyl :)

You definitely should buy them back! Hehe, Maiden albums rock on vinyl coz they have such great artwork.

Stars is sooooo cool :headbang: Haven't seen the video though..

Mark: cool, Anthrax rokk!

Blitzy: I get most of them from Dixons in Blackburn, big metal section and all really cheap. But there's lots of places around... Heartland has a cool bargain metal vinyl bin, Dixons Dandenong is good... there's lots :)

Southy: Hahaha I don't care... this way I can get about 6 albums for the price of 1 on CD and they look better and sometimes sound better and are good to own. :)

RAISE YOUR FIST AND YELL!!!! :headbang:

I only know a few tracks from this one (Freedom, Prince of Darkness and Lock Me Up), but all of 'em are bloody marvellous!

Apart from the drum machine, this is how Alice should have sounded throughout the 80s. If only Kane Roberts had stuck around a while longer, Desmond Child wouldn't have been able to screw everything up with Trash :p.

Don't get me wrong, I like Poison and Bed of Nails as much as the next guy, but the rest of that album leaves a *lot* to be desired...

W

Trash is my favourite Alice album :)

Why Trust You, Bed Of Nails, Poison, Trash, This Maniac's In Love With You, I'm Your Gun, Hell Is Living Without You... its all great I reckon hehehe.

But yeah, Raise Your Fist RULES. The best Alice period to me was from Constrictor through to Hey Stoopid.

Troops , love that Quiet Riot Album whats that song "clap your hands stomp your feet "or something like that. did they also do another Slade cover on "Condition Critical" umm "Mama were all crazy now" - nothing like cashing in whilst you can . gee they had great film clips, think I still have some Rock Arenas taped with them on it.

Anthrax -spreading the disease...i recently got this on CD(i always wanted to get this on vinyl when it first came out but never had much money back then)AWESOME!!!

AC/DC-Dirty Deeds....probably my favourite AC/DC album(i only have it on CD)

Alice Cooper-Trash...this i got on vinyl not long after it came out

i think i should drag out some of vinyl collection and have a listen!

Quiet Riot...i always enjoyed thier music but never got around to actually buying anything

Hear'n'Aid....i still have this on vinyl!!

Hear'N'Aid rocks :D

You should get Condition Critical by Quiet Riot its great! Better than Metal Health I think, and that's great too!