Recent purchases

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
OK, let's have a look at what young Spiffy has here...

Montrose - The Very Best of Montrose
Good stuff! Hadn't heard anything from young Ronnie and the lads, except for the covers that Maiden did (I've Got the Fire and Space Station No. 5) and I really like what I've heard so far (only listened to half of it). Had no idea that Sammy Hagar sang with them on some tracks (including the aforementioned two songs), didn't recognise his voice and only realised it when I was flicking through the booklet thing.

Anthrax - Attack of the Killer B's
Everyone knows how good this is (Starting Up A Posse and NFB are classics!) but I actually didn't have my own copy. Now I do.

Blaze - As Live As It Gets
Had a bit of a chuckle when I saw the sticker on the front - "Double Live Album feat. former vocalist of IRON MAIDEN, WOLFSBANE incl. Sign of the Cross, Virus, Futureal, Dazed & Confused, Steel"... yep, that's right, they mention Maiden, Zeppelin and Wolfsbane songs on the front, but no Blaze (sorry, B l a z e) songs. Sounds OK so far though (only up to track 3).

Quireboys - A Bit of What You Fancy/Bitter Sweet and Twisted
One of the many bands I read about in Kerrang! in the late 80s but never had the opportunity to hear. Only took 15 years!!

Tesla - RePlugged Live
My new favourite band, with a live album from their tour in... umm... well, the CD came out in 2001, so I guess it's from around then.

Rock on. :headbang:

My latest = Evanescence, which has been played pretty much non stop since I picked it up on sunday evening. Very good music indeed.

Also ordered Ring Of Fire - Dream Tower & Derek Sherinian - Black Utopia, but won't get those for a few weeks yet.

Is that the one with the "Wake me up inside" song Blitzy? I was going to buy that one myself, even though they are just an awfully obvious ripoff of Linkin Park :headbang:

Utopia still doesnt have the Blaze album, or the Annihilator live album, where did you get the cds from Spiffy?

Where's Blitzy's post, Spawny? Are you just doing that thing where you see a post from someone and just guess who wrote it?

I got the Blaze, Tesla and Quireboys CDs from Amazon.co.uk, and the other two from JB Hi-Fi.

Dammit, I could have sworn Tinman was Blitzy! What the hells going on? :)

I might go to amazon to get the Blaze cd too...

spawn said:
Is that the one with the "Wake me up inside" song TINMAN? I was going to buy that one myself, even though they are just an awfully obvious ripoff of Linkin Park !:headbang:

That's the one.

It's not really much like Linkin Park though. They only have the male vocalist on that one track... the rest is all Amy Lee, who I think is now my favourite female vocalist (sorry Tarja).

Anyway yeah.. it's really good stuff. A couple of piano-y ballads and all.

Seventh Son said:
I've picked up:

Devin Townsend Band - Accelerated Evolution
A.C.T - Last Epic
Blaze - As Live As It Gets

All are quite good actually

What do you think of devin's new one ???
I can't get enough of it :cool:

Southy said:
I didnt even the DTB album was out yet....well theres another one to add the the list. Thats in his more mellow style isn't it?

Yep , more like Ocean Machine. So if you like that one get this.
It did take me a few listens to get into.
I can't believe how much emotion he can get across in his voice !

I agree... his voice on AE is awesome.

I've been playing it none stop in the car since I got it.

I forgot to mention that I also picked up Star One - Live on Earth - Limited Edition... the one with the dvd. Without a doubt, its one of the best live albums I ever heard, and the dvd rocks.

I got the limited edition of OSI last week signed by Mike Portnoy, Kevin Moore, and Jim Matheos. Its pretty good. I love Dirt from a Holy Place, but ShutDOWN fuckin rocks! :headbang:

Anyone heard the new Tomahawk album? Whats that like? Is Mike Patton good on it, or does he do that Mr Bungle crap that I dont really dig?

I was in Utopia the other day. Had a few cd's on my list. Went home empty handed.

Was going to get:

Vanishing Point (anyone like this Aussie band?)
Some Opeth (all I have is BP. Have many other MP3's thoughj.... but want the albums)
Spock's Beard's V
John Petrucci instructional dvd
Tomahawk

some other shit that I cant remember