Recent purchases

Luca Turilli - Prophet of the Last Eclipse and Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe......... Two of the best albums in their respective genres if you will, IMO....a definite loss not to check them out. And the Cynic, as well.

greetings to the Aussie Maideners from the OCI :hotjump: :wave:

I wanna buy the new Rose Tattoo album. Some dude gave it a 5 star rating in the Melbourne Herald-Sun! !:headbang: It was the first 5 star rating of an album from any genre that I've seen.

Same guy gave Anthrax 4 and Linkin Park 1. (He described Linkin Park as 'Life is too short to waste listening to this rubbish')

Sydo said:
I wanna buy the new Rose Tattoo album. Some dude gave it a 5 star rating in the Melbourne Herald-Sun! !!:headbang: It was the first 5 star rating of an album from any genre that I've seen.

Same guy gave Anthrax 4 and Linkin Park 1. (He described Linkin Park as 'Life is too short to waste listening to this rubbish')

Hahah Cool. That sounds like a review I would write!

The Tatts got a five-star review in the Herald-Sun? Cool. I remember when they couldn't even get airplay! Rolling Stone gave the new Hard Ons album 4 stars too. Is the world coming to an end?

Blitzkrieg said:
Spawny, what do you think of the new Linkin Park, since your such a big fan of their last album and all. :)

Its very very similair to their first album, which is no surprise really, every band that sells millions of an album pretty much sticks to the formula for the next one. The first song is the best, I cant remember the name of it though... Wait just remembered, its Dont Stay :headbang:

I picked up Vanishing Points Tangled in Dream. Very awesome from what I have heard so far. Only got it yesterday, but have given it a few spins already. Standouts for me so far are: Surreal, Bring on the Rain, samsarra... and their cover of Pink Floyds On the turning away is cool. Very diff approach, but cool

Yeah it's a good album, Spruce. I always skip the ballady/slow songs, cos they're boring as fuck, but the rockin' tracks are pretty good.

Morningrise is a masterpiece! It was downhill for the Opeth boys after that, I'm afraid.

Yesterday I bought Children of Bodom's "Hate Crew Deathroll" and Dark Order's "The Violence Continuum". :headbang:

Draven, I quite like the stuff they've done after Morningrise - loved My Arms when it first came out. However, Morningrise is IMO their masterpiece - their meisterwerk, if you will - and therefore they've gone downhill since then. I'm not one of these people who complain about older material being better than the more recent.

I think it's because I've been an Opeth fan since 1997 that I've gone off them in the ensuing years. Plenty of people who have only been into them for a couple of years are still loving them, just like I did for several years (went off them after Still Life).

I never said Opeth weren't a good band anymore, or that they've gotten worse. Thanks for suggesting otherwise, though.

BLAZE - As Live As It Gets!

And I gotta say it's fantastic! Pleasantly surprised when i picked it up that it had 4 Maiden covers, PLUS Steel (which is one of the best Wolfsbane songs) and a great take on Dazed And Confused.

Andy Sneap - what a producer - great sound, great mix.

BLAZE - really has come into his own as a frontman since leaving Maiden and I don't know the name of his band members (cant be stuffed looking for the CD right now) but they are brilliant.

I hate to say it, but their performances on all the Maiden songs are better than the way Maiden did them.

I quite liked the album. Blaze isn't anywhere near the charismatic frontman he was with Wolfsbane anymore, though, if this album is any indication. He takes himself too seriously now, and some of his 'tween-song banter is rather embarrassing. :(

Excellent, near-perfect performances on the album, though, and Dazed & Confused is excellent - never liked the original much (mainly because the only version I've heard is the live one they used to show on Rage which went for something like seven hours).

Oh, and today I bought Soilwork's "Figure Number Five" and Journey's "The Essential Journey". Listening to Soilwork now and it rocks.