Reviews of recent purchases

Keep on listening Spiff. It might take you 10 listens, it might take you 100 listens, but eventually it will hit you. It has happened to every single person that has bought a POS album... including me. Took me a long time to 'get it' but I am so glas that I perservered cause they are my equal favorite band now.

HOw the fuck did Dream Theater lose the plot? That is a load of shit. Are you talking about the 6 Degrees album? If so, then how can you say that a band has lost the plot after 1 album? And what is so bad about 6 degrees? I am sure there are some songs on there that you love.
Or does it have something to do with the fact that they covered metallica and Iron Maiden? I dont see that as losing the plot. That is a fuckin bold thing to do, and they only do it when they play the same venue two nights in a row. I think it is a fantastic idea.
Or does it go back further to Live Scenes from New York?? That is one oif the best DVD's/CD's ever. 4 hours of awesome musicianship... Nope, dont think they lost the plot there...
Or are you talking about the Scenes from a Memory album?? That is a fuckin classic man... I know that you dont think otherwise.

So tell me... How have Dream Theater lost the plot?

Gee, settle down Spruce! I've just gone off them over the last couple of years (since Jordan joined, I think) and therefore I think they've gone downhill a little. Maybe not necessarily 'lost the plot' - I agree that was a strong statement to make which I said in jest because I couldn't think of a better thing to say off the top of my head, and I apologise to you and your family for any inconvenience my comments may have caused.

I wasn't going to address your other comments because, quite frankly, you sound like an idiot, but I may as well. Not in any real order though.

* I have the DVD but haven't watched it yet because my player only plays region 4. I've owned it for ages though! :(

* I didn't care much for 6DOIT. Had some great moments, but that's about it. I don't care much for Jordan either, I much preferred Kevin and Derek.

* I think it's great that they covered Masters and Beast. Over the years their covers have been a high point for me, especially the medley they did with Killers, Damage Inc and that Yes song which slips my mind right now. Their cover of U2's Bad is brilliant. I don't even need to comment on the live tracks on A Change Of Seasons.

So please don't take the high road with me, Sprucey, because as I said you sound like an idiot. No need to jump to conclusions like you did - a simple "What do you mean, they lost the plot?" would have sufficed. I've been a DT fan for six years and always will be - I'm just not as much as a fan as I was, say, in 98 or 99.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Spiff
Arch Enemy, "Wages of Sin" - what an awesome album! I had always figured that by having a woman doing cookie monster vox that they were a bit of a gimmick band, but I was completely wrong. Easily in my top 6 albums of the year so far. Rock on, Arch Enemy, rock on.

[color=#AOEOOA]Ah tis a good album then.

There is supposedly a double version of that album with covers on the second disc and two videos.

May look into that one for Xmas then.

Dt's 6 degrees was average IMO, nothing outstanding like Scenes, Awake, Images or even Live Scenes. A few good tracks and a few bad tracks about 1/2 and 1/2. They could have made one brilliant album. Instead of two average ones.

With all of Spruce's POS pushing I may have to look into one of their albums soon enough. Which is best for starters?[/color]

When I read POS I automatically translate it into the acronym for "Piece Of Shit". It makes for an amusing way to read this thread.

Good on ya Spiff, you bought a crap album. :headbang:

heh.

For Startes, check out their latest album 'Remedy Lane', or 'The Perfect Element'

So far, Sydo has bought Remedy Lane, and he appears to really like it. Spiffo has bought The Perfect Element, and from what I can tell, he doesn't think much of it so far. He will though..... I think..

Originally posted by Spruce Goose
Didn't take the high road with ya Spiff. Was just curious as to why you think DT lost the plot.... If I sound like an idiot, then fuck it.... I sound like an idiot :)

Let's never fight again. :) I don't want to add you to my "Enemies on the Maiden Downunder BB" list and so you've avoided becoming the newest member... for now. ;)

:D

Originally posted by Spruce Goose
So far, Sydo has bought Remedy Lane, and he appears to really like it.

He sure did! :headbang: He sure does! :headbang: He may just go listen to it now! :headbang:
He may also stop talking from the third person perspective, although that is pretty unlikely.