Recent purchases

Sprucey: Vanishing Point are very good! Both their albums, 'In Thougth' and 'Tangled In Dream' are definately worth getting. Kind of proggy, but otherwise kind of hard to descirbe. 'In Thought' features my favourite songs of theirs, but 'Tangled In Dream' is probably more consistant overall. Good band.

Does the Montrose CD have their version of Twenty Flight Rock on it, and did they make any more albums after Sammy Hagar left in '74?

Don't know much about them except for what I've read in my Van Halen biography, and of course those two Maiden covers. They're on my "bands to check out" list though, along with Humble Pie :).

W

OK here's some stuff I got recently:

Sammy and the Wabo's - Live: Sammy Hagar and his band live, doing some VH, Montrose and Hagar stuff. Pretty good and has a nice chunky live sound too.

Black Label Society - The Blessed Hellride: Zakk makes a Soundgarden album with a little help from Ozzy.

Dungeon - Rising Power: Remixes and re-recordings plus some cool covers and a clip featuring Troops!

Anthrax - We've Come For You All: Yeaaahhh! This is how rock should sound coming from a thrash band!

Luca Turilli - Prophet of the Last Eclipse: Haven't heard all of this yet, but if the thrid track is anything to go by, this is power metal at it's cheesiest and gayest! What's with the "lalalalalalalala"s in the middle section? Sounds like a fucking pantomime chorus from a queer parade.

Psycroptic - Scepter of the Ancients: Australia's answer to Cryptopsy, brutal death metal with power metal lyrics!

Spruce Goose said:
Vanishing Point (anyone like this Aussie band?)
Some Opeth (all I have is BP. Have many other MP3's thoughj.... but want the albums)

Vanishing Point are fantastic. I' had seen them live a couple times before, but only finally picked up an album at the recent Dungeon gig. Great stuff. Looks like my brother likes it too.

I'm thinking of off-loading Damnation and Deliverance, so if you're interested in them, let me know.

Goreripper said:
Black Label Society - The Blessed Hellride: Zakk makes a Soundgarden album with a little help from Ozzy.

Anthrax - We've Come For You All: Yeaaahhh! This is how rock should sound coming from a thrash band!

Please tell me that's not true about BLS.. Please..

I've gotta get the new Anthrax. On da list.

I'll probably be able to get close to retail on ebay, so my price would be too high I guess.

Hehe Brian, are you a Rhapsody/Luca Turilli fan, or did you just pick it up for the hell of it? I've got all of the Rhapsody albums, but no LT stuff yet.

Is that a new BLS album? I haven't heard of it, but then I've only got one of their albums anyway.

The only albums I've bought recently are the latest Opeth and Dungeon. I'm afraid I have other priorities at the moment. :(

yeah Winmar, 'The Blessed Hellride' was just released. Its pretty damn good! :headbang:

Wrathchild said:
Does the Montrose CD have their version of Twenty Flight Rock on it, and did they make any more albums after Sammy Hagar left in '74?

Yep, Twenty Flight Rock is on it. They carried on after Hagar left. Other singers were Bob James and Johnny Edwards (dunno if there were any others, but they're the only ones that are on this CD).

Cool... Looks like I shall pick up some Vanishing Point. I have heard Tangled in Dream being reccomended heaps. And apparently they are touring after the new album, so I might check em out.,

Gimme some comparisons to other bands?