Blaze sang Sign of the Cross dec.14 02

Soul of a new Machine

I share the discovery!
Mar 2, 2002
Quebec
www.supercrossquebec.com
Dudley JBs, december 14 2002, England:
Blaze performed Sign of the Cross. First time the band play a Maiden song in wich Blaze didn't had credit for writing it (heard it could be the last time too).
Blaze BB regular told it was really awesome and that the band did a flawless performance of this song. Other maiden songs were Futureal, When to Worlds Collide, Man on the Edge and Virus.
The gig was 3 hours long and had 5 maiden songs, 2 Wolfsbane songs and no new Blaze song. Both Blaze album were almost played entirely, only omitting few songs.
:headbang:
Wish I could have been there...

Virus! Sign Of The Cross! :headbang: This live album is gonna rule, as long as the crowd is loud :)

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
AWWWWEEEEESSSSOOOMMMEEEE!!!! :headbang:

I wish they would play 'The Day I Fell To Earth' live, as it is such a kick arse song.

Yeah, I feel too, that with only 2 wolfs track the gig was more metalish than a ONE-TWO-THREE-FOUR gig of the good old days.
Can't wait for the album. It will be good. :)

The Day I Fell To Earth does indeed rule, I dont know why that missed out on the album and The Hunger made it on!

*Checks song credits*

Dont worry, we shall weather the storm :) He was a rocking drummer though :D

Setlist!

Intro
Speed Of Light
2 Worlds Collide
Steel
------------------------
Kill & Destroy
End Dream
------------------------
Stare At The Sun
Leap Of Faith
Truth Revealed/Meant To Be
Land Of The Blind
Silicon Messiah
Dazed & Confused
-------------------------
Virus
Brave
Stranger To The Light
Born As A Stranger (With a lovely Alarm all through it, charming Though i thought it added atmos )
Man On The Edge
Identity
Tenth Dimension

Sign Of The Cross
Futureal
Ghost In The Machine
Manhunt
Born as a Stranger (Redone coz of the alarm )

Rocking. Absolutely rocking. I think you will agree :headbang:

Damn cool set. :headbang:

Missing however;
Nothing Will Stop Me
The Launch
Muthafucka's R Us
More from The X Factor

And includes;
Identity
Stranger To The Light - which I don't like that much.

The launch was supposed to be the last song of the set, but because of the fire alarm, the band decided to play Born as a stranger again because the crowd was awesome and they ended up with no more time to play launch... I guess they have a good recording of this song from Z7, austria, so it may end on the live album.

Pretty good set list, but yeah, 'The Launch' would have capped it off, and as I said before, 'The Day I Fell To Earth' would have been awesome also. Would have liked '2am' and/or 'Como Estais Amigos', but at least they played 'Virus' and 'Sign Of The Cross'....will be interesting to hear the BLAZE versions of the songs. :headbang:

I understand why they left 'The Day I Fell To Earth' off of the album, as 'Stare At The Sun' is such a strong finisher, but I still think it was a bad idea to scrap it....such an awesome song. Probably they best rockin fast paced song IMO.

'Nothing Will Stop Me' is a cool song which would have been cool on there....it sounds very influenced by Maiden IMO.

Jeff Singer was a cool drummer. The drumming on SM in particular is very cool. Nice drum sound, but it shouldn't effect the band that much though. He seemed like a nice guy on their video clips too...

They should have done many, many more Wolfsbane songs, especially stuff like "I Like It Hot". Best song Van Halen never recorded. :) "Man Hunt" is good enough though, I guess.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan hunt
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan hunt
Manhuntmanhuntmanhuntmanhunt

:headbang: